𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐮, 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭

'thank u, next'

{lyrics}

"one taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain. now I'm so amazing. I've loved and I've lost, but that's to what I see, look what I've got, look what you've taught me. And, for that I say...

thank you, next.

thank you, next.

thank you, next. I'm so, I'm so grateful for my ex.."

"got so much love, got so much patience, I've learned from the pain, turned out amazing. I've loved and I've lost, but that's not what I see. Look what I've found, ain't no need for searching. And for that I say...

thank you, next."

-*-

There is no pain like walking into your boyfriend of two years' bedroom to see him kissing another woman.

A woman who is so perfect she makes you feel insecure.

A woman who didn't care that the man she was locking lips with was dating another girl who too has feelings- just like her. Another girl- another girl who should be supported by her; girls should support girls, rather than cheat & scheme against another even if perfect strangers.

Seeing someone who once said "I love you" a thousand times uttering those very words to someone else hurts.

He looked up at me with his eyes full of hatred as the woman avoided eye contact of any sort.

"You love him, y/n, you can't blame me for this." He sighed.

'Him' was Hayes Grier, my best friend in the entire world-my best friend who told me that if my boyfriend would ever hurt me; that he would "practically commit murder."

I had known Hayes long enough to know that both him and even Nash would do that, and never let me out of their sight again.

The truth is- I did love Hayes.

Much more than a friend.

My pain turned to guilt as I realised that I practically used this guy as a distraction from loving Ivan- someone who didn't love me in that sense.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered.

He let out the most horrifying and disturbing chuckle, the kind that a murderer would let out as you beg them to not kill you.

"I never really loved you much, anyway." He smirked, watching tears rain down my face.

"Good, I guess that makes us even then."

I sassed, glad that I had no belongings in his bedroom to collect, so I walked out of the apartment for good.

I'm hurting already, so I might as well tell Hayes what I've been afraid to tell him for four years- that I love him.

I have nothing left to lose.

The reason why I never told him is because I never wanted the most important person in my life to walk out of it because he doesn't feel the same way.

The wind blew in the streets as I wrapped my jacket around me tighter in an attempt to shield myself from the cold, wet rain and wind.

The roaring of an engine came from my right, and a G-Wagon was sat by the curb in the torrential downpour.

I could tell it was Hayes' car from the number-plate.

The passenger door opened to reveal Hayes looking concerned as he lent across the seat.

"Get in, love." He weakly smiled, concern in his eyes.

I did so, and was greeted by the warm air.

"What's going on, y/n?" Nash asked from the back seat as Hayes sped off.

"Very long story." I sniffed, seeing the mascara around my eyes in the mirror in front of me.

"Is it that boyfriend of yours? If it is, if he made you cry, I swear I'll beat him to another universe." Hayes threatened, his grip tightening on the steering wheel.

We arrived at their house and Hayes insisted on knowing what made me cry.

"H-he cheated ." I sobbed, burying my face in his chest.

His strong arms wrapped around me tightly, his lips laying a soft kiss on my head.

"But that's only a small part of it. He was completely justified on doing it- I wasn't faithful to him." I sniffed, looking up at his orbs.

"Did you cheat on him, love?" He softly asked, cupping my cheeks.

"Not really... I have loved someone else, and I wasn't sure how to, and I'm still not sure how to tell that guy..." I cried.

"Tell him you love him,

And say, thank you, next."

"Thank you, next." I chuckled, kissing his cheek.

I looked up at him and took a deep breath, doing something that felt so wrong but was so right. telling him how I feel.

It felt wrong because of my now ex, but it felt right because I love Hayes . I just hope and pray that he feels the same.

" Hayes Grier... I love you." His eyes locked to mine as a small smile appeared on his desirable lips.

"I've been waiting so long for you to say that. You know how much it hurt to see you off with that dude?" He asked, looking a little hurt. I felt even more guilty.

"It was the only way to distract me from how I felt and still feel about you, Hayes... it's sounds so bad, but.... I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry that I ever hurt you." I softly smiled.

He looked at me with his mesmerising ocean blue eyes filling with love, as he kissed me again.

"I love you."