Task 7: The Finals!

People who earned points for Fandoms touching will be announced in the final rankings.

Welcome, everyone, to the Finals! Congrats for being here! Here is your FINAL TASK:

Tragedy strikes. Your character has lost someone or multiple someones. Either the villain killed a loved one in revenge for rebelling against them or they died in the Snap, but something terrible happened. Now your character has nothing to lose so they join with other heroes to fight against your villain.

Maybe some of your characters still choose to side with the villain. Do they all rebel? Or do some stay with the villain, forcing your characters to fight each other?

This is the final boss fight. Let me see and feel it. And then tie up all loose ends and give me an ending your characters and your story deserves.

In the end, you decide how your story ends. Do they defeat the villain once and for all? Do they lose and the villain takes over all the realms? If they're defeated, what are the consequences of losing? Are they captured or executed?

You decide the ending of your story!

This time, there will be three winners: One, based on votes for this task alone. One who earned the highest points in the rankings. And a third based on who had the most territories.

This finals, the voting will work a bit differently. Typically, YOU and other people come in and read the entries and vote for the winner. You can still do that if you want to, but since there are ten entries, I will read them and score them as normal. Write your best. I will chose a winner based on who wrote the best entry this task and who has the most points and wins first place in the Rankings.

If you choose to vote for another entry, your vote will give them 1 extra point. Only vote once and you can't vote for yourself. That will take place in another chapter—the Finals Voting chapter.

Thank you guys for being so patient with me. Trying to publish a book in less than a month, help co-run an anthology of writers, write my own stories, work on books I'm publishing next year, and still have personal time has cut my time short. I want to thank each and every one of you for making it to the finals and sticking with it. I'm proud of all of you. Many of you I consider friends and some I've watched grow into fantastic writers. Whether this was your first Authors Games or not, I love reading all of your entries and you're all fantastic writers.

Remember, since this is the Finals, if you hand in late, you will be automatically disqualified. Hand in by the deadline, no later.

Word count:

Unlimited

Due date:

October 15, Tuesday, 6 pm central. A week and a day. Sorry, time is pressed.

No deaths, ballots, ballot punishments or awards. Just you, your characters, and your stories.

Let me know if I forgot anyone or anything or if you have any questions.