chapter nine ✰

it's currently lunch time and we're sitting in the middle of the oval as freshman boys play football around us.

i'm now explaining what had happened with jaden and i to hannah [kim], who was the only person that didn't know until now.

"this is all my fault" she says, placing her hand over mine.
"you decided to be the most selfless person and help me fix what's wrong about me. anthony and i are stable and in love and that couldn't have happened if it wasn't for you."

"it's ok, in fact you helped show me jaden's true colours sooner than later. the things he did really messed me up, like don't lie and say that my outfits didn't to look so cute!" i say.

"they were fire!"

"and now i'm too scared to wear anything other than stuff like this"

i look down at my sweat pants and hoodie that i wore to school today, rather than my, cute skirts, crop tops and stuff.

"but you're-"

"hot! gorgeous! elmo made that dumb fucking comment about me and usually i wouldn't care but everyone laughed at it, including jaden! i understand that boys will be boys, laughing at every joke they hear but i gave jaden a look that told him that i was hurt"

"and he still laughed?" hannah [kim] asks.

"laughed his ass off. the only guy who didn't laugh was chase. after that jaden- i don't wanna cry again, can you?" I ask hannah [rylee] as she nods.

"jaden told her that he loved her" she says as everyone gasps.

"that's right. okay next topic, you guys feel like eating oranges or is it just me?" i ask.

"no no no. sis, you gotta let your feelings out!" addy says, placing her hand over mine.

i didn't hesitate to do so.

"well, the thing is that i love him back! he was the first one to consider actually calling quits though when all i wanted was a break and i couldn't disagree because i didn't wanna seem weak!"

"mars, it's not embarrassing to fight for what you want. if you really wanted the relationship with jaden to continue you should've fought for it!" jada says.

"yeah! boys are so stupid and don't think before they speak so you gotta speak for yourself" gabby adds.

"i kind of wanna talk to him but i don't know what to say. 'hey jaden, i'm sorry for fucking around and getting mad at you, i love you too, you wanna get back together?'"

"that's actually kind of perfect" addy says as the girls agree.

i smile a little as the bell rings. we get up and walk to class.

usually, jaden or one of the guys would give me a ride home but i needed to walk instead. i haven't spoken to elmo since he was a dick to me three nights ago and i still don't want to talk to him just yet.

i'm not ready to hear all the 'i told you so's from him not wanting me to date jaden.

i leave class and pack my books in my bag as i walk through the school. once i exit, someone taps my shoulder behind me.

i turn and see some guy that seemed familiar.

"hi" he says.

"hi"

"i'm kevin (kevboyperry, new character 👀)"

"i'm mars"

"i already know that but that's why i'm here. i want to apologise"