chapter four ✰

i tapped my pencil against the sheet of paper, thinking about jaden, who was downstairs.

we haven't stopped texting, calling and facetiming since two weeks ago, the night of elmo's party.

elmo doesn't know anything about us being 'friends' but we're gonna keep it that way until it's time to tell him that jaden and i are virtually inseparable!

"mars?"

i look up at my laptop screen as hannah places her pen down and shakes her head.

"just go down and talk"

"elmo's there though"

"ugh when is he not"

i laugh and pull out my phone to message jaden anyway

jaden ☺️ | 4:23pm

hi jaden

hi

can i come upstairs

i'd like that but what if u get caught

idk i'd prob's have to just not get caught

nope, i'm not risking it

why not

bc i'm not in the mood to listen to him sob about it😭

what are u in the mood for then?👀

very funny jaden 😐

I'm just joking b. anyway i gotta head out soon.

how about u meet me outside and we can go for a walk?

ok sounds good.

i smile, explaining my plan to Hannah before I hang up.

my phone goes off and i look down to my notification from jaden.

come down rn x

i slide my shoes on and rush downstairs.

"where are you going?" elmo asks.

"to hannah's house"

"remember, don't tell her what i told you!" he calls.

"i know!"

he told me that he was in love with hannah but the two of them haven't said that they loved each other yet.

ever since they got together, he's been really happy and has been much nicer to me. but not nice and happy enough to accept jaden and i talking with each other.

i rush across the driveway and then down the street, where i saw jaden waiting for me. he looks up from his phone and smiles as he puts it in his pocket.

i rush over and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"how are you b?" he asks.

"i'm great. how are you?"

"great too."

we start to walk, having our conversations as we do. our hands brushed against each other multiple times which made my heart warm.

hot girl summer (remastered) • mmkay_mayaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें