chapter five ✰

we sat in silence, listening to the sound of the waves crashing in the ocean. we were sitting on a beach blanket watching the sunset.

we eventually stood up and took off our socks and slides. we roll up our sweatpants and link hands, then walk through where the water meets the sand. a small wave crashes over our feet as i squeeze his hand from the cold.

the evening was so perfect so far, jaden really knew how to pull off the perfect date. we walked across the sand, hand in hand, most of the date.

everything was just so easy with jaden. there was never any rush or pressure for anything at all, we just went with the flow. the only missing piece of our puzzle was elmo.

jaden and i took selfies and made tiktoks, which we would love to post but couldn't for obvious reasons.

"you cold?" he asks

"kinda. you?"

"kinda"

"do you wanna go back? we can chill in my car for a bit" jaden says as i nod.

we get out of the water, pack away our things and take them back to his car, where we sat in the back seat together.

he turns on the heater and car radio as we relax and listen to music.

"i wish you could spend the rest of the night with me" i pout.

he narrows his eyes and shakes his head.

"what are you saying?"

"elmo always makes sure to not go to sleep too late for his sunday morning run. he's most likely gonna be asleep right now"

"are you suggesting that i should sneak in to your house?"

i nod as he smiles.

"i'm down"

timeskip: in mars' room lol

"we did it" he whispers.

"we did but i'm freezing"

i walk over to my wall and adjust the temperature settings as jaden takes his hoodie off and gets into bed.

"are you dumb, it's freezing!"

"hey I always sleep like this, you shouldn't discriminate!"

i roll my eyes and get into bed beside him. we looked through all the photos and videos we took today.

"i love this one" i say, showing him as he smiles.

"me too"

i just had to set the image as my Lock Screen, it's not like elmo ever went on my phone anyway.

i put my phone away and turned to jaden. he was the definition of perfect.

"so basically, i hang out with elmo by day and then go out with you by night?" he asks as i nod with a smile.

"i wish we could spend the whole day together. how long are we gonna keep this a secret?"

"maybe i can talk to elmo"

"okay, and if he freaks out?"

"i dunno, we're just gonna have to see"

i yawned and snuggled myself under the blankets.

"you coming for dinner tomorrow?"

"of course, all the boys are"

"of course. night jaden, i had fun today"

"me too mars, sweet dreams"

jaden kissed the top of my forehead and wrapped his arms around me as we fell asleep together. i would love to get used to this.