Chapter 4 - What is this place?

Add flinched as a sudden jolt of energy ran down his spine. He groaned and quickly woke from his short nap. Wiping his face and scruffing his hair, he began to realised what had happened. Then as it hit him, his heart stopped. Panicking in fright and as the silent dread crept over him that made his gut churn, he yelped. 

Where is she?!

Where am I?! 

His heart thumping inside his small chest made him panic more. Where is my mother? What is this place? Beads of sweat began to trickle down the side of his face.

Forgetting that he was injured, Add struggled to climb onto his feet. The pain was excruciating. Even though he was extremely exhausted, the thought if his mother being dead

was heart wrenching.

It was his love and motivation of his mother that drove him on.

The constant echoing of this thought, mother, mother, oh please be okay!

Finally climbing onto his legs, Add's head was dizzy and muddled with thoughts. Since it was very dark, he held out his hands and began to feel for the wall, anything! Walking little and slow steps at a time he bit his lip.

"Will this ever end?" he asked himself worried.

Slowly, ever so slowly, he stepped little by little, hoping that he'll touch something. Hoping that he'll have that sensation of a cool surface on the tips of his fingers. But it took a long time.

Add wondered with concern, this place is massive...

His eyes were a milky purple and wide open. Since he was only a child, Add thought that maybe if he opened his eyes big enough and his pupils would dilate in the darkness, maybe he'll receive instant night vision.

I've got to give it a try, right?

It had already been 2 minutes, and Add still didn't seem to feel anything. He sighed deeply.

"Maybe the wall just isn't clo-"

BAM!

Shocked and stunned by the sudden wall that appeared to be right in front of him, Add backed away.

Yes! I've finally found it!

Completely blind, Add carefully felt the walls again. They weren't exactly walls. More like a piece of worn material. He slid his hand over, and felt a cool wooden stand. Then pressing his other hand on the surface, he felt a multiply of the same material he was feeling, only a different size.

He gasped quietly to himself.

These were books.