{2.2}

-real/social-

chapter 22 : blonds and banana bread

'he just doesn't really try'

-

"well...", millie started, "i don't know, it's like he's slowly drifting apart. he's been spending more time with jack grazer and wyatt oleff. when noah and i use to date, noah would tell me how much he missed his hang out sessions with you guys, and that you guys always cancel because caleb couldn't make it."

"that's true, i guess." finn shrugs, suddenly realizing how far the group has drifted.

"you guys don't know how it feels." millie states.

"how what feels?" questioned gaten.

"caleb and i were good friends, we had a brother and sister relationship. but when he met sadie, he started drifting away. we're not close anymore. he doesn't really try. not now, at least." millie says.

"oh, i'm sorry." finn says.

"it's whatever." millie shrugs.

suddenly, millie's parents burst through the front door.

"are you serious!" millie's mom, kelly yells.

"what do you expect!" millie's dad, robert, replies. which makes millie flinch.

"oh sorry, children we didn't know you guys were here." kelly apologizes as the couple notices the children.

"it's fine. we were just about to leave." millie gets up with gaten following her actions.

the trio started to make their way out the door when kelly says, "be home before 10pm millie.". millie just repies with a simple nod as they walk out the door.

the gang begins to walk down the apartment stairwell, not saying a word. they walked in silence. finn knew millie, but he didn't know that her parents have been fighting. she didn't mention it to their friend group. in fact finn was pretty sure she hasn't told anyone by the look of her face.

once they walked through the lobby and out of the apartment building millie finally spoke, "wanna grab something to eat?"

"sure." finn nods.

"finally! i'm starving." gaten smiles, making finn and millie laugh.

the group of friends ended up walking to a small cafe called lucy's. millie said it was her favourite cafe, and finn and gaten had never been to lucy's so they decided to go there.