Chapter Thirteen - Dad

(I just did a double update, so make sure you didn't miss the last chapter.x)

After sleeping soundly (together, of course) and waking up (also together) Louis and Harry decided to go out. Louis wanted to show Harry new places, and he wasn't sure how much the hybrid had seen of the city so he wanted to take him there.

Louis had to chase Harry around the apartment before they left though, to make him put on a beanie and tuck his tail in. Harry ran away because he saw it as a game, and it was funny to see Louis laughing while trying to be serious. When they finally got out of the building, Louis drove them both to the train station.

"Have you ever been on a train before, Harry?" he asked.

Harry shook his head, looking around the station with a small 'o' on his lips. He still had that awed look when they got onto a train, but he got some strange looks when he pressed his face up on the glass to watch the world whizz by. Louis scowled at everyone that looked at Harry and they looked away.

"It's weird, isn't it?" said Louis, smiling fondly at Harry.

Harry pulled his face away from the window to look at him. "Yes. Faster than cars."

That was probably the most Louis has ever heard Harry speak in one go, and he felt a strange mixture of pride and satisfaction. "Yeah, trains are usually faster than cars. Definitely faster than mine, anyway."

Harry nodded and pressed his face back to the glass.

When they arrived at the city, Harry was a little nervous, but he was soon glancing around excitedly. Louis grabbed his hand so he wouldn't run off somewhere, and Harry seemed happy to hold onto it. They walked slowly out of the station so Harry could take everything in.

Outside the train station, the busy streets had tall, modern buildings packed together on them. People bustled back and forth and barely spared Louis and Harry a second look. Harry tightened his grip on Louis' hand and Louis squeezed it reassuringly.

"Are you okay?" asked Louis.

Harry nodded, though he looked a little pale.

"Well if you want to go home, let me know," said Louis.

Smiling sweetly, Harry nodded agreement, and Louis grinned back at him.

They strolled around the city streets for a while, Louis pointing out various buildings and telling Harry about them, who listened intently. After about ten minutes they came across pair of comedic street performers. The two young men had the gathered audience's attention as they performed little skits. Harry enjoyed it a great deal - "Like real television!" - especially when they called on people from the crowd. Even though he shied away when one of them came near where he and Louis were standing, he loved watching them interact with the other audience members.

When the pair were finished, Louis offered Harry a few coins. "Do you want to throw these in their box, Harry?"

"Why?" Harry asked, cocking his head.

"Because if you enjoyed a street performer's show, it's nice to give them a bit of money so they can keep doing them," Louis replied.

Harry nodded and accepted the coins from Louis. "Okay."

Louis stood back and watched as Harry trotted through the crowd to the box on the ground, half full of coins. He stood above it and dropped his coins in one at a time.

"Thanks, mister," said one of the performers.

Harry looked up to get a closer look at him. He nodded and quickly went back to Louis, pressing into his side. Louis chuckled and held onto him without questions.