Chapter Seven - Different

Louis unlocked the stall and let them both out of it to see four guys hanging around the bathroom, talking. They all looked up and snickered when they saw Louis and Harry leave the stall together.

"In McDonald's, really?" laughed one. He looked Asian.

Louis frowned. "We didn't do anything."

"Sure." The green-haired one squinted at Harry, then gasped. "Hey! You're the one I knocked over! Sorry dude."

Harry nodded shyly, tucking himself under Louis' arm.

"Aw, you're adorable. I'm Michael."

"I'm Ashton."

"I'm Calum and that's Luke, playing on his phone. Luke!" Calum elbowed Luke in the ribs and the blond boy grunted.

"I'm Luke."

Ashton watched as Harry pressed himself closer into Louis' side. "Are you two together?"

"Um, I don't think so?" Louis said uncertainly, scratching his head. "I don't know. I'm Louis, by the way."

"He's very shy," Michael said bluntly, looking at Harry. "Do you talk?"

Harry nodded slowly. He was starting to get a bit nervous, but he couldn't hold his tail because it was tucked in his pants.

"Say something."

"Leave him alone Mikey," scolded Ashton.

Calum grinned. "He's probably scared of your bright weird hair."

"My hair is awesome!"

"What's your name?" Luke asked.

Harry looked to Louis and got a reassuring nod, so he whispered, "Harry."

"You're all cute and cuddly and everything," Michael pouted. "Anyway, I'm really sorry about earlier. Hug it out?"

He opened his arms to Harry, who took a step back and eyed him warily.

"You can if you want to Harry," Louis said.

Cautiously, Harry let Louis' arm fall off his shoulder and stepped into Michael's embrace. He stood tensely for a moment before slowly relaxing, nuzzling his head against Michael's shoulder.

They stayed in a hug for a few seconds before Louis scowled. "Alright, that's enough."

He pulled Harry away from Michael, who chuckled. "Jealous, mate?"

"Shut up."

"And he's nice and warm too. Aren't you, Harry? Like a hot water bottle," Michael said, sending Louis a smirk.

Louis wrapped his arm around Harry, subtly flipping Michael off. He only received a chortle in return.

Ashton was choking down his laughter. His cheerful personality reminded Louis of Niall, and he couldn't help but smile.

"Anyway, we're leaving. It was nice meeting you guys...even Michael." He rolled his eyes.

Michael smiled proudly. "I'm just that irresistible."

Louis frowned again, pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead (and making sure Michael could see) before nudging him towards the door. He stuck his tongue out at Michael as they left.

-

Louis drove them both back to his flat and let them in, Harry immediately freeing his cat parts. The silence was a bit awkward until Harry spoke up.

"My lips hurt."

Louis laughed, plopping down on the couch and pulling Harry down with him. "You don't have to say that anymore."