{25th of August - e.c}

Start from the beginning

"promise me you'll engrave it into your heart, eddy. never forget it."

whilst hearing the ballad that went on and on non-stop into the darkness of the night, i hear a distant shout and murmurs of a crowd. at that moment, i wondered to myself why i had never asked him when i had the chance to.

the dressing room was overflowing with memories of me and my father, my playing growing more expressive and sorrowful. but before i could play it as a different tone on its own, the name of the song always brought me back to reality, to keep the song slow and reminiscent, and so i did. from the reflection of the mirror i see my father playing the music with me, my heart complacent with love.

i was maybe a bit too focused, that i didn't realise the door opened. brett came inside to find me playing in front of a wall that hung an unrepaired mirror with so much emotion and feeling. as he didn't wish to bother me, he quietly got a chair and sat down to listen attentively and patiently to the melody. a silent onlooker for me. my audience.

after the last note, i exhaled, relieved that the tune was still fresh in my memory. that was when i realised i wasn't alone. i looked over my shoulder to meet brett's longing gaze. it was soft and deeply touched by the music i was playing. when he realised i caught him staring, he immediately apologised for not notifying me and just entering the room like that. he was blushing, it was really cute, with his hands waving around in front of him and his ears gradually turning the same colour on his rosy cheeks.

"i didn't mean to overhear! wait, that's not it, i mean well i am already here listening to you what am i talking about haha... i mean i didn't mean to come inside the room umm and interrupt you or anything. i didn't want to stop you from playing because you were so focused so i just grabbed a chair and sat down quietly. should've just walked out honestly..."

i stifled a giggle, his reaction wasn't what i expected from him.

"hey, it's okay, dude. take it easy. i don't mind someone coming in to listen to my playing as i'm going to play in front of many more tomorrow. besides, i'm kinda glad you came in, i was starting to think i'm hallucinating a little too much."

"hallucinating?"

i placed my violin down and leaned on the wall next to his chair.

"that melody just now was a memory my father gave me the day before he left me forever." i gave a long sigh and stared up at the ceiling. "sometimes when i look in the mirror i see my father's figure that stands parallel with mine. i wonder... in his eyes, do i live up to his expectations yet? am i a qualified violinist for him? will he be proud of all the things i've done, no matter if it's loving the same gender or gaining friends like you guys? tell me brett," i stopped for a brief moment to catch his eye, my mind rushing to say the feelings deep below. "do you think i'm being a good son? do you think i am a good violinist? do you think i am a good friend? do you think i deserve all the things around me? do i deserve you by my side all this while?"

i took a breath, the atmosphere was tense.

" do i... deserve you?"

brett remained silent.

i sense him standing up from his chair and move closer to where i was standing. i held my breath as i feel his presence in front of me.

my overflowing emotions were cut short from a warm hold that gently cupped the left side of my cheek, a thumb softly stroking my left ear. my face was gradually lifted up and for a split second, my gaze met his for one more time before there was no sound of breath between us. the dressing room was silent for that unexpected kiss and at that moment,

the two of us felt complete with each other.

our lips disconnected.

my hand immediately flew to my mouth to cover the furiously blushing cheeks. i stared wide-eyed with shock at brett, who had lowered his head and was staring at the ground out of embarrassment. then, softly, he spoke.

"eddy, in my eyes, you are perfect no matter what you say about yourself."

"in my eyes, you live up to every inch of your expectations and fulfilled every wish your father told you of. in my eyes, you are more than just a qualified violinist, in fact, you are an outstanding star in music. in my eyes, your father will be so proud of you, that he won't even be worried about you for a single bit. in my eyes, i bet your father is very proud to have a son like you. in my eyes and ray's eyes, you are a lifelong friend that everyone would want to have if they knew more about you. in my eyes, you don't just deserve everything you have, you deserved everything in this world. in my eyes, i am thankful to have you by my side. in my eyes, i deserve you even more than you do. in my eyes, you're mine and nothing can change my view on that."

it was silence. tears were welling up around the corner of my eyes. he inhaled and said one last line before he dashed out the door in shame, leaving me alone with my tangled feelings and emotional tears.

"i love you and i wished you do too."

____________________________________________________________

a.n: OMG I AM ALMOST TEARING UP WRITING THIS CHAPTER DJIWOQFOWO

did you guys enjoy that?? i bet you guys weren't expecting that kiss ;)

next chapter, the story will switch from the first perspective to third perspective (narration), that means it's going to be in normal story format. don't worry i will still be revealing the thoughts of both eddy and brett (it'll be more eddy on this one though since brett revealed his feelings...)

anyways sry for the long chapter, and hope you enjoyed that!

let me know in the comments what i can improve on and also your thoughts and feelings on the story so far!! i've planned out the rest of the story beforehand anyways, but it'll be nice if you leave a comment here and there, means a lot to me :) once again thank you and see you next chapter! - unworld

____________________________________________________________