2023 Part One

October 2023

Percy stands next to Natasha looking at the people assembled. "Yeah, we boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged," Rocket explains, "It was an infectious garbage scow. So, thanks for the hot tip."

"Well, you were closer," Carol replies not taking Rocket's attitude.

"Yeah, and now we smell like garbage," Rocket complains.

"You got a reading on those tremors?" Natasha asks Okoye.

"'Twas a mild subduction under the African plate," the warrior responds.

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" Natasha asks.

Okoye sighs, "Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it."

"Natasha, if you really want, I can check it out. But Okoye is right, it's just nature," Percy says knowing Natasha has been stressed out over protecting the world.

"It's fine," Natasha says trying to change the subject, "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

"Not likely," the pilot replies.

"What, you gonna get another haircut?" Rocket asks sarcastically.

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere," Carol responds, "On thousands of planets."

"All right, all right. That's a good point. That's a good point," Rocket mutters.

"So you might not see me for a long time," Carol explains.

"Alright...um well. This channel's always active," Natasha says trying to end the meeting, "So, if anything goes sideways, anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't, it comes through me." The rest of the team nods. "All right." Natasha says signing off.

"Good luck," Carol mutters to Rhodey before signing off.

"I gotta head out too, Nat," Percy says waving goodbye, "I'll stop by in two days."

"Okay. Tell Annabeth and the kids I say, 'Hi'," Natasha replies. Percy walks out of the room. He sees Rhodey talking to Nat, probably about Barton's latest killing spree. As he's leaving, Steve arrives and Percy walks over to greet him. "How's she doing?" he asks.

"You know, this thing with Barton is stressing her out, but she's a fighter." Percy replies before walking over to his car.

At the entrance of the compound, he's met with a confused Scott Lang. "Hey, who are you again? I know we met in Germany, you're the water one, right?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, Percy Jackson," Percy replies shaking the man's hand, "I thought you were dead"

•••

Steve, Natasha and Percy look at Scott who is pacing and muttering to himself. "Scott," Steve interrupts, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Scott replies, not reassuring anyone, "Have either of you guys ever studied quantum physics?"

"Only to make conversation," Natasha replies as Steve and Percy shake their head.

"Alright so, five years ago right before...Thanos. I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe," Scott explains, "To get in there you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she is my...um...She was my...she was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, then I was stuck in there."

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years," Natasha says.

"But that's just the thing. It wasn't. For me it was five hours," Scott explains, "See the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything in unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving," Scott asks grabbing the sandwich.