Chapter Fourteen

(Sydney’s  POV)

It was exactly four and I had just pulled into the parking lot that was already filled with screaming fans.  I’m not sure if it was the lack of being around this life for a while or if I never noticed before, but there is a lot of people here.  So much so that I’m not sure I can even get to the back door.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Calum’s number, praying he answered.  After a few rings he finally picked up.

“Hello?” I could barely hear him over the sound of a guitar playing in the background to a melody I didn’t know.

“Cal, there’s so many people here.  How the hell am I supposed to get in?”

“Oh!  Guys stop playing, it’s Sydney.”  And just like that the sound of guitars stopped. “Where are you?”

“In my car.  I’m sitting in the parking lot.  I’m afraid to even attempt to get to the front of that line,” I mumbled, shutting off my car.

“Give us five minutes,” he said in a rush before hanging up.

I don’t really know what he meant by that.  There was no way they were going to get out of here without being seen.  Nonetheless I sat in my car, watching as more and more fans lined up outside the arena.  That is, until someone knocked on my passenger side window, making me jump out of my skin.

“Ashton?” I whispered while unlocking my door.

He giggled while plopping down in the seat beside me before pulling me into a tight embrace.  “Hey”

“How did you even manage to get out of there?  Do you see the amount of people?” I mumbled into his chest before pulling away.

“We got into a minivan that looks like something one of our fans would drive,” he motions towards the car that had parked right beside mine. 

He was right, they had pulled up beside me and I hadn’t suspected a thing.  There was even writing on the windows that spelt out “honk if you love 5SOS.”

I giggled before unbuckling myself and locking up my car, walking over to the van.  “This is pretty genius.” 

“We need a way to get around these days and Vini here,” he pats the hood of the van, “Does the trick pretty well.”

“You named the van Vini?” I ask giving him a weird look as he nods like it’s the most normal thing he’s ever said.

“Vini the minivan and Gus the bus?  For four boys who write their own songs, you guys aren’t very original,” I grinned as he pulled me into a hug and tugged me towards the door.

“Shut up and hug me Syd," he giggled before pulling me into another hug.  "I missed you so much,” he said pulling away and reaching for the handle, pulling open the door exposing the three boys hidden inside.  My eyes immediately scanned each of them, trying to see if anything had changed in my absence.

“Michael, your hair,” I pointed, “it’s red.”  He gave me a small grin before nodding and scooting out of his seat to pull me into a hug.

“I wanted to try something new, do you approve?”

I nodded and hugged him tightly before pulling away and playing with the ends of it.  “The girls wont like you so much when you go bald though,” I giggled sheepishly as he scoffed and fell back into his seat.

I directed my gaze to the two boys in the back, Calum looked the same minus the new blonde streaks that ran down the front of his hair.  “Did you do that or did Michael do it to you in your sleep?" I giggled, pointing to his hair.

“I did it,” he grinned, subconsciously running a hand across it.

I quickly shot my eyes over at Luke.  To be honest I was scared to look at him.  I’m not really sure why, I mean he’s Luke, there’s nothing scary about him.  He had his head resting against the window of the van with a beanie covering most of his blonde hair.  He looked tired, exhausted actually.

I gave him a small smile and a wave.  For some reason, my voice had suddenly vanished.  He returned the gesture and gave me a warm smile, causing my heart to flutter and my cheeks to redden.

A month later and I still had feelings, strong feelings, for Luke.

------

DUN DUN DUN.  She still wants him and sjdnfkglm, you guys it's happening.

Shoutout to stylesvshemmo for guessing the song Luke's going to perform in one of the upcoming chapters!

The offer still stands if anyone wants to make me a cover for this story, it would be kind of awesome.