Chapter 15

Chanyeol quickly walked out the door to the front yard.

"Don't tell her, the reason is MinJi!" Suho yelled from the distance.

"I'm not that stupid. I know." Chanyeol searched for a taxi. Am I really going to do this?! Just deep breaths Chanyeol, you can do this. Chanyeol thought as he got into a taxi.

"I would like to go to ****" He told the taxi driver.

It felt like they flew there, they gotten quicker than usual. Chanyeol paid the man and left, tripping on the ledge of the car and almost fell.

"I'm okay." He said with his eyes wide open. He closed the door and looked at the apartment building. He took out his phone and dial Taeyoon's number. She picked up.

“Hello? Chanyeol Babe, what you want?"

“Hey, mind if I talk to you? I'm in front of your house.”

“Sure come up.”She said it with joy and excitement making Chanyeol nervous.

“Do you think the women in the counter will remember me?”

“A handsome man like you?  Of course. Hurry up." she hung up. Chanyeol slowly opened the door and went in ad took a deep breath. He looked at the lady behind the desk and softly smile. He looked at the name tag "Kwon SeoYeon".

"Good morning SeoYeon." Chanyeol greeted formally.

"Good morning. Chanyeol, right?" Chanyeol nodded and she continued. "Have a nice day." She smiled and looked back at her work.

Chanyeol got in the elevator. As it went up he shook off his body, wiggling his arm and jogging softly in place.

"You can do this. You can do this, you're not a wuss. This is for MinJi." Chanyeol said to himself.

He hesitated to get out, and slowly walked to her apartment door. He took more deep breath and knocked.

"Come in, the door is open!" Taeyoon yelled from inside.

Chanyeol went inside and closed the door behind him. When he took off his shoes, he sat in the couch chair next to her. He sat up, putting his hands on his knees.

"So your parents are on a business trip again?" Chanyeol asked to start a conversation.

"Yeah, they went to Italy. They'll be back in a few weeks." She said while watching the TV.

"Cool." Chanyeol said. He watched the TV with her, then opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

"What? Say it." Taeyoon looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
Come on, say it. Get over with it already. For MinJi. Chanyeol stood up and bowed. "Taeyoon, I - I'm breaking up with you. Sorry, it just can't work anymore. "

"Haha, stop joking." Taeyoon responded.

It wasn't the reaction he was expected so he clarified. "Taeyoon, I'm being serious. You are a negative influence to me. I don't want to be like you, so I feel that we should take a break."

Chanyeol walked to the door, opened it and left. He went down the hall to the elevator and press the button for it to come.

"It is really because of me? Or is it because of MinJi?" Taeyoon asked from her doorstep.

"It's just us. Not MinJi, not you. Just the image of us."

"Okay then. I was going to take you to Italy with me, I'm moving there, in fact. I guess I'll go alone." She shrugged

"I rather be with my closest friends than live with you. I'm sorry." The elevator open and Chanyeol went in, he took deep breaths as it closed. "So long player!" Taeyoon yelled from down the hall as the elevator doors closed.

Chanyeol walked out the building with his head down the whole time. He got a taxi and went to Yaya’s.

He opened the door and sat at the bar counter. He saw Tomoko near him cleaning the counter.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Tomoko greeted. She looked at him and slightly tilted her head. She seen his face just can't put a finger on where she saw him. Then it popped in her head "Ah, you are Chanyeol right?"

He nodded as he looked at the menu, stuck on what to buy.

"How's Kyungsoo and everyone else? How's MinJi feeling?" She continued to ask.

Chanyeol looked up. Does she like Kyungsoo? He answered, "MinJi is recovering well, she still doesn't remember me that well because of her head injury. The others are fine. Kyungsoo is doing quite well. Actually, he was talking to me about how much he wants to see you." He smirked.

"Really? Kyungsoo wants to see me? I thought he only likes MinJi from what Kai told me." She had a bright smile on her face holding on hand close to her mouth.

"He thought she was too clumsy and cheesy for his type. But, keep this between me and you. Okay?" She nodded and Chanyeol continued. "I would like squid soup please."

Tomoko nodded her head with excitement and went to the kitchen with a smile. She does not know that Chanyeol is telling her lies.
what are you doing? I know you want MinJi, but you can't just tell lies to others to get your dream girl. Chanyeol thought and looked up at the TV. Yes, I can do that. Chanyeol smiled and played with his fingers, planning a plan to get MinJi.

"MinJi is mine, sorry-not-sorry Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said softly not realizing that Tony heard him from the side of the kitchen door.