Martin Necas (Carolina Hurricanes)

"No! Taco, get back here!" You shout at the top of your lungs as you chase your golden retriever puppy through the park. Even though Taco was normally under control and well-behaved, today he nearly ripped off your hand that was holding his leash when deciding to dart across the park. His leash is trailing behind him after he tugged it off of your wrist.

You can feel the mushy grass under your tennis shoes as you run at full speed dodging both people and trees to try and get to your reckless dog.

The sun shines brightly down upon you and the heat makes your upper lip sweat from the warm temperature.

"Taco!" You once again uselessly yell. However, you pick up your pace when you realize that you are at the entrance of the park and a busy street is all that is left in front of Taco.

"Shit." You mumble under your breath, silently praying that nothing bad happens to either of you.

As Taco crosses the sidewalk adjacent to the street you see a tall brunette reach for the leash and grab it just before a car crosses the street were Taco would have been running.

You let out a breath of relief as you shyly and approach the man in embarrassment. He'll probably think that you are a terrible dog mom and want to scream at you for putting the adorable puppy in danger.

"OhmyGodthankyousomuchI'msosorrypleasesdon'treportmeI'magooddogmomIswear!" You ramble while trying to catch your breath.

"Uhh, I know that English isn't my first language but I have no clue what you just said." The cute brunette laughs as he hands Taco's leash back to you.

You let out a small chuckle and smile as you silently thank God that this guy isn't judging you.

"Thank you, he somehow got away from me but you saved the day." You genuinely thank him.

"It's really no problem. I got to meet a cutie through this unfortunate accident." He smiles and crosses his arms.

"Yeah, Taco is pretty cute, isn't he." You say, reaching down to pet the golden retriever and the brunette does the same.

"I was talking about you." His words case you to immediately blush, which you hope he doesn't notice.

"I'm Martin by the way." He says, shaking your hand.

"I'm (Y/N), and I believe I owe you dinner for saving my puppy."