Chapter 37 - No F.U.N

Logan Nielsen

We both sat by the pool with our legs inside the water. We were enjoying the sunset together as we drank our tea. I turned to her and I can see her smiling brightly making my heart beating fast just by seeing it.

I want her.. I want her so bad.

I can't stand it anymore and I want more just a friendship between us. I want to make her officially mine and I want to have all of her to myself. In a few months.. we're going to turn 20 and I can't wait any longer to claim her.

If I really want this, I have to do something or sacrifice something. I'm in love with her so in love that I don't want to be apart from her anymore.

"What do you think if I don't take over the throne?" I asked Mandy and she turned to me.

"What do you mean? You don't want to be King?" She asked as she looked at me with her eyebrows raising up. I smiled to her and patted her head.

"Yeah, I don't want to be a King." I want to but I want to choose you.

"Why? You always wanted to be a King, it's your dream. You always talk about how to be a good leader and how you're going to make your people happier."

"I have another dream." I said and she shook her head.

"I don't think so.. you love and can't wait to be a King, this is ridiculous." She said as she looked at her legs.

"I'm happier if I don't be one."

"Logan, you're seriously being crazy. I won't let you quit like this." She said as she turned to me.

"But.. I won't be happy."

"What do you mean you won't? I've seen you doing royal related activities and you're happy. You can't give me that excuse, Logan." I can't tell her my feelings just yet, I want to make sure that I settle everything first then I can tell her.

"I think you're drunk.. we drank beer too much earlier." She said as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"You said you will support me and be happy for me. Why aren't you supporting me on this?" I asked her curiously and she turned to me shaking her head.

"I know your dreams, Logan. It's ridiculous if you just leave the throne. Your family will be upset and I bet you don't want other people to take over right?" She asked and I nodded

"Then take it, you'll be happy and we all be happy." But I'm happier when I'm with you. I can't imagine my life without you around.

"But.."

"But what? There's no buts, Logan. You're going to take that throne, I want to see you rule as a King. I'll be proud of you too." She said and I looked up to the sky blankly.

I was ready to give up everything just to be with her because if I take that throne, it's game over. I will rarely see her, I will get married to someone else and my biggest fear in this world will happen.. which is seeing Mandy marrying someone else.

Just by imagining it, I found myself killing the groom merciless. She can't marry someone else but me, she can't love someone else but me.. and the list goes on.

"Won't you like it if I move to London so we can hangout often?" I dropped the question and she turned to me.

"Logan, you're going to be the King of Denmark. You're not going to move to London." She said seriously and I sighed. She's more difficult that I thought.

"I don't want to be King."

"King Logan.." She called and I turned to her.

"It suits you.." She smiled as she caressed my cheek.

"You don't understand." I said trying to make her understand and she shook her head.

"We're not talking about this topic, Logan." She said and she got up. She put her hand in front of me and I took it. She helped me get up but she pushed my body to the pool. I submerged into the pool and I looked at her disbelief. She was laughing so hard looking at me and I glared at her.

"Why did you do that?"

"Earlier you kept complaining how hot the weather is.. so.." She shrugged and smirked. I walked to the edge of the pool and got out. She's still laughing looking at me and I quickly picked her up bridal style and ran to the pool.

"Logan!" She shouted before we got into the water. She gasped for air and I laughed looking at her.

"You're so mean!" She smacked my chest as she stood up straight.

"You did it to me first! It's not fair if I'm the only one who got into the pool." I smirked and she looked at me flatly. She suddenly turned my body around making my back facing her.

She suddenly jumped to my back and clinged like a koala. I held her legs and she rest her head on my shoulder. I turned to her and our faces touched. I looked into her eyes and she smiled.

"Okay polar bear.. let's walk around the pool." She said and I smiled. Instead of listening to what she wants.. I threw myself back making us both submerged back into the water.

"Logan!!!" I smacked my back so hard that I quickly stood up straight.

"What did you do that?! The water got into my nose!" She smacked my back hard and I quickly turned my body fully to her. Her nose turned red like a reindeer making me laugh.

"Mandy the red nose reindeer.. had a very shiny nose.." I started to sing and she glared at me hard.

"Let's sing it together.. Mandy the red-" Before I can finish the song, pushed me back into the water.

"Mandy!" I hissed as I pulled my hair back.

"Huh? I can't hear you.. oooooo." She started to sing Spongebob song and I can't help but facepalmed myself.

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" She started to sing and she pretended to give the mic to me.

"Spongebob trianglepants."

"Hey! It's squarepants!" She protested as she looked at me pouting and I found her so cute. I laughed and she looked at me flatly.

"You're no F.U.N." She hissed.