Chapter 5 - Movies

Amanda Estelle

I arrived at my grandfather's mansion with my father. He invited us to have dinner together. I looked at the mansion and couldn't stop admiring it secretly. It was beautiful and I can predict that there's more than 10 bedrooms inside this mansion.

"Let's go inside." My father said and I followed him into the mansion. One of the maid lead us to the dining room and my eyes widen to see lots of variety of foods. There's only the 3 of us but they prepared food like there's 20 more people coming.

"Welcome.. please sit down." My grandfather said with a big smile plastered on his face. I walked towards my seat but my father's eyes stuck to the paintings on the walls. He turned to my grandfather.

"Why do you have all of this?" He asked and I looked at the paintings around the room. It was my father's paintings and he bought a lot of it.

"You're still my son even though I never like your decision." My grandfather said as he took a piece of steak. He turned to me and gestured me to sit down. I sat down next to him and my dad walked towards his seat.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"I thought one day you will beg me to take you back but I was wrong." He said as he cut his steak. I took a plate of fish and chips in front of me and started to eat.

"So.. Amanda, have you decide where you want to go?" I know that he's talking about the university.

"Uhmm.. I'll let you know. I just got back to school." I said and he nodded.

"Very well, let me know when you're ready." He smiled to me.

"She will take over the company when she's ready. I talked to her last night and I don't want you to force her into this." My father said and we did talk a lot last night. I agreed to take over the company as soon as I graduate from university. He wanted me to be happy instead of rushing things.

"I won't.." My grandfather said.

We talked a lot during dinner and then we went back home. I noticed that my father seems to get his happiness back. He loves his father and the fact that he's connecting back with him is making him happy than before. I'm glad that our family starts to come together again.

My phone rang and it's Logan, who else? I don't have any friends besides him.

"Hello?"

"I'm bored, let's watch movies together." He said and I looked at the clock. He's ridiculous, it's 8.30 in the evening.

"I can't, my curfew is at 9." I said honestly and I saw my father looking at me raising his eyebrows.

"That's not fun, I thought you have a wild side." I can't believe that he just said that.

"If you don't have anything else to say, I'm hanging up." I said but he stopped me right away.

"You're mean, Mandy. If you have a curfew, then let me know your address. I'll just hang out at your place." My jaw dropped and my father looked at me suspiciously. I walked towards him.

"Father, do you mind if I have a friend over? I know it's-"

"I don't mind, as long as you're under my watch." He said and I smiled. I let Logan know my address and he ended up the call after I finished telling it. Rude.

I decided to take a shower quickly before Logan comes. I put on my black hoodie and my black shorts. I walked downstairs and Logan was already in my living room. He was talking with my father about sketching.

"You're here already?" I asked taking his attention.

"I never thought you have a boy space friend." My father said and Logan chuckled.

"We're bestfriends, Mr. Estelle. You'll be seeing a lot of me in the future." Logan said making my father turned to him.

"I don't trust you, Logan."

"I'll gain your trust, Mr. Estelle." Logan said confidently and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's watch movies.. I brought my laptop." Logan said as he took his bag from the ground. I gestured him to come to my room and my father gave me that look.

"Open the door, honey." My father said as I walked into my room. I opened the door a tiny bit and it's enough for my father to peek us.

"Why are you bored anyway?"

"I have no friends, I only have you." He said simply as he took out his laptop.

"Your house is really cozy, I like it." He said and I can't believe he said that. My house is so small and old but it is cozy.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Romance movie." I said and he looked at me flatly.

"Boring.. let's watch horror movies."

"Get out from my house then." I pointed at the door and he pouted.

"Grown ups? You're okay with that movie?" He asked and I nodded.

"Fine. Let's watch it." I said and I laid my body and he laid beside me. I supported my head with my hands and he turned on the movie.

"You look sleep.. you can't sleep!" He said and I ignored him.

"Mandy, you can't sleep okay? Or I'll pinch you." He said and I turned to him glaring.

"If you dare, I'll cut your balls." I hissed and he looked at me disbelief.

"I never thought you will say something like that. I thought you're innocent. So.. how many times have you did it?" He smirked and I smacked his arm.

"Just watch!" I pointed at the laptop and he winked at me making my butterflies fly crazily. Not again, please don't act like this.

"Prepare to laugh, Mandy."

"Stop calling me Mandy." I said in a flat tone.

"Why not? It's cute." He turned to me but I ignored him and pointed my finger at the screen.