Home Is where The Clown Is

Start from the beginning

"Looking for a sitting in the dark b-bu-buddy?" Bill asked, shining a flshlight into the tunnel and almost blinding me.

"Yeah, something like that." I shrugged, almost laughing.

I moved back, and helped Bill into the passage. He passed me the flashlight and I shined it down the tunnel and easily found the opposite opening not too far away. I shuddered as something dripped onto my leg. I shined the light onto my leg and there were three blood droplets sitting on my thigh. I took a deep breath and just looked away. If I couldn't see it, it wasn't there.

I saw Stan crawl in next. He sat down next to me, closer to the opposite opening. I could practically feel the anxiety radiating off of him, but at this point I wasn't sure whether it was the clown or me he was scared of.

I decided just not to look at him out of fear he'd have something to say about what happened outside. I knew the questions would come, but I didn't have any answers.

What happened?

Well, my dear friends, I heard someone talking to me in my head and I couldn't control my body. When Mike grabbed me, all the muscles in my body gave out.

Who was talking?

I don't know.

Why did they call Neibolt your home?

I don't know.

That all makes perfect sense.

Eddie and Richie had grouped up with us by now and we we're waiting on Ben and Mike. I heard something move beside me and I had my flashlight on it instantly. Only, there was nothing there.

Nothing.

Not even Stan.

"Stanley?" I whispered.

He didn't answer.

"Stan?" I called again. I didn't want to alarm the others, but I was starting to get really nervous. Stan wouldn't just leave us like this, especially not at a time like this.

I glanced back at the other boys who seemed a little preoccupied with something else going on. I'll just go hunt down Stan and be back before Mike even gets down here. I mean, Stan couldn't have gotten too far. At least, not on his own.

I crawled down the tunnel, the light from my flashlight bouncing around on the concrete walls. I hopped out of the tunnel and fell into almost knee deep gray water. I gagged, pulling my striped shirt over my nose to block out the smell.

"Stan?" I called.

"(Y/n)?" That wasn't Stan...was it?

I sloshed through the disgusting water. If Stan left by himself, then he's definitely lost his mind. I'd been in the sewers before with the losers, but I've never been this far down here. So, I guess Stan being the reasonable human he is, has never gone this far either.

Up ahead I heard someone else splashing around. I squinted and tried to see what sat beyond the yellow blanket of light that fell from my flashlight. I couldn't make out much other than the concrete walls that surrounded me. This was going to take a bit longer than I first thought. Hopefully, Bill and Richie don't worry too much when they notice I'm missing.

"(Y/n)?" Someone croaked.

"Who's there?" I whispered, "Stan is that you?"

"(Y/n) help...me."

"Stanley!" I cried, following the strangled cry. Each heavy footstep sent sheets of water flying against the walls, and at some points (even though I wasn't really wasn't paying attention and the dark could be playing tricks on me) I would've sworn it looked a deep shade of red.