Put Some Ice On That

We were all stood around Eddie's mom's car, watching as she shoved Eddie into the car, obviously furious that he had gotten hurt. She whipped around to glare at us, and that's when the yelling began.

"You! You did this! You know how delicate he is!"

"You don't understand!" I shook my head.

"We were attacked M-M-Mrs-" Bill started, but was rudely cut off by Mrs. Kaspbrak.

"No! You are all monsters! Eddie is done with you!" She shouted at us and I made eye contact with a crying Eddie in the front seat. Whether he was crying from pain or his mother saying he couldn't hang out with us anymore, I didn't know.

Mrs. Kaspbrak fiddled with her keys and, in her fit of rage, threw them to the ground. Bev quickly bent down to pick them up, because even though Eddie's mom was overreacting and being unreasonable, Bev was trying to help. Mrs. K pushed Beverly away with disgust and snatched her keys off the sidewalk.

"Get back! Oh, I know all about you Ms. Marsh...and I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." She looked down on Beverly as though she were something she'd just scrapped off het shoe, and even though Bev and I weren't that close, I was not going to let someone say that about her.

"Are you fucking serious, Mrs. K?" I asked, shoving my way to the front of the group.

"I don't think your mother would appreciate you using such a tone with an adult." She snarled.

"An adult? Where do you see an adult Mrs. K? An adult wouldn't look a thirteen year old girl in the face and admit that she believes the rumors and gossip that have been spread about her. All I see is a bitch that doesn't know how to keep her nose out of other people's business!"

"What did you just call me?" She asked, glaring down at me.

I glared right back, "I think you heard me."

"Your mother will be hearing about this, you disgusting little brat!"

"That's great! Because then you can tell her the bullshit you said about Beverly just now and see whose side she's really on. My mother wouldn't even spit in your direction."

"(Y/n), you don't have to do this." Bev shook her head.

"Yeah, listen to your little slutty friend and drop it." Mrs. K looked as though she might explode if this went any further, but I didn't care.

"Fuck you! If you treat other people's kids this way I can only imagine how you treat Eddie! Honestly, I don't think you deserve to be a mother!"

As soon as the words left my mouth, a stinging pain ran through my cheek. She slapped me...she fucking slapped me. Tears pricked my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I glared at her and a laugh forced its way up my throat.

"Oh yeah, my mother will be hearing about this." I nodded and Mrs. K scurried around the car, hopped in, and drove off.

"Holy shit!" Richie exclaimed, running his hands through his hair, "That was so bad ass, oh my god! You really just stood up to Mrs. K! That's my fucking sister you guys!"

"You really didn't have to do that, (y/n). You're probably going to get into a lot of trouble." Bev said, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Someone needed to say something. There was no need for her to say something like that to you." I shook my head pulling her into a hug. "You're a loser now, and us losers look out for one another."

"Thanks, (y/n)." Bev nodded before letting me go.

"Yeah, well I think that's enough excitement for one day and I should get these cuts looked at. We should probably be heading home now." Ben said, scooping up his bike.