6.2 No One Leaves

⋆·☆·⋆

⋆·☆·⋆

6.2 No One Leaves

After we meet all back up at the apartment, Jo immediately told Sam and me what she and Dean found; A few blonde hairs in a vent. After a little while, we all decided to continue this in the morning.

Jo and I took the bed while Sam and Dean took the couches. A few hours had passed, and I got tired of tossing and turning, so I pulled my legs out from under a sleeping Salem. And slowly walked over the counter next to the window and sat on top of it.

I stared up at the dark sky that was lit up by the stars. 24 bright ones, 10 big ones, 39 small ones-you know what make that 42. 

"I thought that was you?"

I turned slowly to see a sleepy Jo sitting up. "Sorry I didn't wake you, did I?" I asked as we both kept quiet careful not to wake my brothers.

"No, what are you doing?" She asked shaking her head. 

"When I was younger and I couldn't sleep, my mom used to tell me to look up towards the sky and count the stars." I said glancing out the window. "Your mom must love the star's." Jo said making me smile a bit. "She used to say that the stars were fallen witches and the constellations were their covens."

"Your mom's a witch?"

I hesitated, thinking back, "From what I remember she was, but I think she stopped? I don't really remember," I replied. "Congrats on finding the hairs," 

She smiled, glancing and petting Salem lightly, "Thanks. Is it normal to get excited by all this?" I scoffed, "Normal isn't exactly the word that regular people would use. But for our line of work, yes, it's perfectly normal,"

She chuckled as she looked at me from the ground. "When was the first time you found something like that?" She asked.

"Well I didn't find hairs," I replied, smiling remembering my first hunt. "I was 10 or 11, when I first went on a hunt with Dean and my Dad. But even before that I would help with research, but they would always bribe me with milkshakes not to follow them on the hunt."

"When did you first kill something?" Jo asked softly.

I let out a sigh, staring at the ceiling, "It was my first real sleepover. The girls wanted to meet up with some boys and sneak into this old house. Apparently it was supposed to be hunted or something?"

💽

"𝘎𝘶𝘺'𝘴 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴," 𝘐 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘧.  "𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦," 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴, 𝘒𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥. "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥?" 𝘕𝘰𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥.