Chapter 11 - Newcomer, friend or foe?

Start from the beginning

Reaching their destination, the lieutenants were profoundly uncertain as to what was happening. Not too far before them, was a man with a spear trying to kill another that kept dodging every strike. Beyond them, were two others battling it out with their swords. The guards keeping an eye out on Nek had their torches lit, but being were they were, it was still hard to tell who these fighters were. Frozen and not knowing what to do, time flew by fast for soldiers came around toward their location with lit torches. Lighting everything they couldn’t see. 

Edwin was on the floor at the mercy of the general’s sword, whose tip was right underneath his chin. Whereas as Malvin was holding his own against king Bervard, giving him no opening to exploit. At seeing this Robert was relieve but more so proud at his captain’s abilities. However, that contentment was short lived, and a good thing for Edwin. Analyzing the situation, Nek rose up on its hind legs and went about producing the most horrid and terrifying sound ever heard by man. 

Spreading out through the forest like the force of an explosion, Nek’s horrid shriek, left everyone’s ear ringing. At Robert’s orders, Smith had aimed for the beast’s vocal cord, putting an end to its loudness. Smith looked to Robert, whom with a nod thank him for his quick actions. As everyone was regain their composure, a roar of a mighty beast was heard coming from across the land, accompanied by a cold killer breeze. Eyeing each other, Black’s gazes fell upon John’s as he said, “We’re too late,” before fainting. 

King Bervard and Philip regained their sanity as they cease fighting. Looking to Edwin who was too stunned and scared to move, the only thing Philip found to say to express his regret, was, “I’m sorry.” Heading toward his brother the king, he wondered how and, “why did this have to happen?” 

Looking at Malvin, he couldn’t help but see a scenario where the kingdom fell apart. Glancing back, Philip could see all four lieutenants and the soldiers that had gathered. Eyeing Robert specifically, he saw nothing but blood. Indeed, and it would only take but one life to set the chaos in motion. Malvin’s. Tapping the young captain on the shoulders, Philip ordered him to rejoin Robert’s side. Philip heard John’s constant calls begging Black to wake up. “That could wait for now,” thought he. Right now, his priorities was to be by his brother, the king’s side.

Black knew what was happening to him. At least he had a hint. He was going to faint, and see something he probably didn’t want to see again. What he feared the most, was waking up surrounded by enemies. The stakes being so high, this was now out of his control. And if he could save everyone with this gift of his, than he’ll gladly run the risks. Giving in to his gift, he fell unconscious as he heard John’s voice distancing far from him. Waking up he found himself on the floor. Raising himself up, he felt grass underneath his hands. He was in a forest. Raising his head up and around him, he was right. There were trees all around him.  

With his senses coming back, he heard a commotion in a dark spot in the forest. Focusing on  it he noticed it was retreating. Exploring his environment he found the tree Sirius had hidden in. Approaching it, he was not prepared for what he was about to see. The inside of the tree, was splattered with blood. Knowing this was Sirius hideout, we wasn’t sure what to think. To him and the other lieutenants, Sirius was not much of a fighter and so feared that what he was looking at was the remains of his comrade. Looking up at the interior of the tree, he saw Sirius’s cloak. Pulling it free, he folded it against his chest. The cloak was not soaking wet with blood. It was dry. Desert dry, with no taint of blood. “What is the meaning of this?” asked Black. Laying his hand against the blood tainted interior of the tree, he peered his head inside the tree once more, expecting to see possibly see his comrade, he found no one. 

His hand having made contact with the blood, he began to have a vision. It was a vision within a vision. Like a dream within a dream. A vision that took him back to what happened.