Connected

Third Person's POV

Beep beep beep

The faint sound of various machines buzz through the room. A dim green glow from the electrocardiogram stands out in the dimmed room. The line running across the machine rhythmically, showing that the patient is still going strong.

The plain white bed is slightly elevated against the wall, wires and tubes spilling running over the sides to various computers and equipment around the bed. Nice clean walls and cabinets surround, nothing out of place.

How different it is from only a day ago...

An ambulance rushed into the hospital grounds, sirens off but lights flashing bright in the middle of the day. No different than routine for the smaller medical building, lucky enough to be separate from the Pokemon Center due to the larger population.

But then another came right behind it.

Soon enough the emergency room was frantic, white coats and green scrubs running all over the place. Everyone available was giving medical care, stabilizing one person and moving right on to the next.

Luckily there weren't any life threatening injuries, just variations of cuts and bone fractures.

One individual took the brunt of the attack, glass piercing much of his skin. An unknown force also knocked the wind out of him without leaving a trace for the doctors to identify. But there's hope they can figure it out when he awakes.

When he does wake up.

Our favourite blunette watches the waiting room television intently, her foot tapping against the metal legs. Jolteon and Shinx sit by her feet, eyes darting around the room. Piplup and Turtwig prefer the cushioned seats, the former taking advantage of the situation to get some sleep.

"The operation was flawless," Officer Jenny sighs into the reporter's microphone, the Eterna City museum behind her. "We knew their target but the speed and efficiency of their plan was too great to stop. Team Galactic is becoming a big threat to the region and we are asking for any tips on where they could be hiding. That is all I have to say right now, thank you."

"You heard her," The screen flashes to the newsroom. "The second attack within days has the police searching for answers. Let's go back to Michael who has the latest on this event."

Dawn buries her head in her hands, massaging it to keep herself awake. Her eyes never really leaving the door to Ash's room.

"Used helicopters to enter through the roof."

She watches a nurse walk over in that direction.

"Used a device to shatter the glass case and cloud the room."

The nurse reaches for the door and his figure disappears behind it.

"Stole the Lustrous Orb."

After what felt like years, literally like twenty seconds, he emerges with a smile on his face. Dawn gets up instantly and practically skips over, nearly running into the doctor going to the same place. "Just wait a second,"  She smiles and opens the door for Dawn, both of them walking in to see a confused Ash Ketchum.

The two teens lock eyes and Dawn shakes her head. "You idiot."

"I swear I didn't do something stupid," Ash leans forward but winces and lays back down.

"Now now," The doctor says calmly while checking a few of the monitors. "You two don't wanna be here much longer right?" They nod. "Then Ash you stay still while I run through some things."