Change in Plans

Third Person's POV

The world of Pokémon.

Whoever developed the system that the regions run on knew what they were doing. It allows the mysterious creatures to roam around freely, while allowing bonds between Pokémon and human to happen.

The system allows for all kids to venture out on their own with Pokémon by their side. Somehow the things they experience help them find their place in the world. This keeps regions running and everyone ends up doing what they love with the people they love around them.

Everyone finds their rightful place.

Everybody starts off the same way however, a starter Pokémon, five poke balls, and a specially developed device with empty pages ready to be filled. The Pokédex.

Most decide to ignore the goal of completing it and usually barely use it to its greatest potential. Some use it to get more in depth information on their Pokémon but only a few try to reach the next step... Completion.

Some get close but give up after realizing they need to catch the Pokémon only found in the distortion world. But I guess if you look hard enough, you can find people with enough spirit to overcome any challenge...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ash!" A mother's voice echoes through the Ketchum household. "Lunch is ready."

Delia Ketchum is a single mother who has been raising Ash in Pallet Town, Kanto for as long as he has been alive. She has long auburn hair and deep hazel eyes. Delia is also fairly tall and also fit from all of the work she does on her gardens outside. She's wearing a pink shirt and a blue skirt as well.

Her son comes bouncing down the stairs, full of energy. "Slow down or you're going to hurt yourself," Delia scorns the sixteen year old.

"Sorry but I've been waiting years to leave on my journey and it's only days away," Ash says excitedly. He has messy raven hair that is tamed by an official red and black Pokémon league hat, hazel eyes like his mother, and two thunderbolt birth marks on his cheeks.

Ash can usually be found in blue jeans and a black and yellow jacket like what he's wearing today. He also has black fingerless gloves and red shoes on.

"Ever since they changed the amount of schooling needed before graduating, I've been storing up my energy like a bide attack," Ash says while digging into his food like a Mankey

"I'm surprised you weren't at Professor Oak's laboratory all day like you have been," Delia states. "I know he's busy getting ready for leaving day so I'm sure he's been needing your help lately."

"He said I should spend a day at home,"Ash explains between mouthfuls of food. "Because I'll be gone so long."

"Oh," Delia says but she was actually the one to tell Professor Oak to tell Ash to stay home. The guilt has been building up inside and she needs to let it out. "Ash I need you to listen."