Two Down...maybe

Third Person's POV

It took only a second for Dawn to leave her seat.

She sprints across the grass, charging head first towards rushing flames and spinning leaves. Her whole focus is on a little bundle of green.

Ash and Gardenia yell at their Pokémon to stop as Dawn dives towards the attack zone. Her arms scrape through the grass until her hands wrap around the Budew.

The commotion stops as everyone catches their breath.

The little bundle of joy smiles at the laying Dawn. Its simple face stares into Dawn's eyes as its green spout uncurls happily.

Dawn picks up the bud-like Pokémon and carries it safely to the log she was sitting on

"You good?" Ash calls out.

Dawn looks at the grass stains evident on her pale arms, "Yea but you should try winning."

The boy shakes his head and looks at Gardenia who nods for the battle to continue.

An ember attack from Magby resumes the battle... for a few seconds anyways.

The tired Cherubi gets hit by the flaming balls of fire before fainting from the super effective attack. An expected outcome of the matchup.

As Gardenia prepares her final Pokémon, Dawn pulls out her Pokedex,

She scans the Budew who's now sleeping in her arms. "Budew, the bud Pokémon, female. Sensitive to changing temperature, the bud is said to bloom when it feels the sun's warm touch."

"Hmm," Dawn examines the grass and poison type. "The greenhouse lets its sprout stay uncurled I guess."

"Woah!" Ash's shock knocks Dawn out of her thoughts.

A new Pokémon shows up on the battlefield.

Gardenia's Roserade.

There's no Pokémon that radiates more confidence than Roserade. With its sleek stem body and sharp red eyes, it immediately declares superiority. Its red and blue flowered hands add an elegance factor, along with its white flowered "hair".

 Its red and blue flowered hands add an elegance factor, along with its white flowered "hair"