City of Rocks

Third Person's POV

"Oreburgh Gate," Dawn squints to read the words etched above the mountain entrance. "Can't they afford a sign."

"Rustic," Ash chuckles while admiring the carved rock. He begins to lead them into the cave but Dawn stops him.

"Ash aren't caves dangerous?" Dawn questions with fear littering her voice. "I've heard of people getting swarmed by wild Pokémon as soon as they enter."

"I'm sure that's just a myth," Ash smiles and they enter the cave.

The sunlight is now missing their skin and the only source of light is the small string of lights running on the ceiling. The squeaks of everybody's favourite Pokémon echoing through the tunnels.

They step in and relief washes over the blunette. "That must be the exit," She chirps happily at the light flooding into the cave at the other end. "It really is only a gate."

Ash pulls out his town map to make sure their expectations aren't getting to high. "That exit will lead us right into Oreburgh City," The raven haired trainer states. "Which means it's almost time for my first gym battle!"

Ash bolts ahead with Shinx close by, leaving Piplup and Dawn behind. The latter giggles and begins to run after him with the water type in her arms.

Then suddenly a cloud of purple and blue swarms Ash and completely hides him from her view. "Ash!" Dawn yells but stops running after seeing the swarm turn into an electric bubble.

The electricity flies in all directions, highlighting every one of the bat like Pokémon. The creatures recover from the shock and find another path in the cave to escape through. Once all the Pokémon clear, Dawn runs up to check on Ash.

"That was a surprise," Ash chuckles while sitting down with Shinx, who still has electricity zipping across his fur.

"Are you okay?" Dawn asks sceptically while crossing her arms. "Caves really are dangerous."

"I'm sure they were harmless," Ash gets up and Dawn notices a pokeball in his hand.

"They had fangs," Dawn shakes her head. "I can't believe you caught one though."

"Shinx got one of the close ones pretty good," Ash fist bumps the joyful electric type. "These Pokémon are pretty common everywhere, even Kanto."

"I'll check it out," Dawn brings out her Pokedex and scans the pokeball.

"Zubat, the bat Pokémon, a poison and flying type," It starts to read. "It has no eyeballs, so it can't see. It checks its surroundings via the ultrasonic waves it emits from its mouth. Their skin is so thin that they'll be burned if prolonged sunlight hits them."

"This one is male and knows absorb, supersonic, wing attack, and bite," Dawn states

"Not bad," Ash smiles.