Part 35 - Medicine

Start from the beginning

We scheduled a rehearsal for next week. We were going to show the girls the song.
All through that week Billie knew I had a song planned, but I refused to tell her what it was about or anything to do with it. Every time she brought it up I'd change the subject. I wanted it to be a surprise.
"Can you give me a clue?" She had asked.
"Nope." I had replied.
"What about you just hum a little bit?" She pleaded.
"No." I responded.
"Could you just tell me the title?"
"No way!" I exclaimed.
"Could you sing me one little verse? Or a line?" She asked.
"Okay." I said, smirking.
"What?!" She asked, shocked.
"Yeah, I guess I could sing a line," I said. "Billie, stop asking, you'll find out eventually." I sang. She rolled her eyes.
"When can I hear it?" She asked.
"Uh - next week at rehearsals." I explained.

*Billie's POV*

It was now a week later and I was excited to hear the new song.
"When are rehearsals again?" I asked for the tenth time today. It was only eleven.
Matty laughed.
"Five. They're not even rehearsals anymore, just jamming. It's not like we need to practise, we all know the songs." Matty laughed. I nodded.
I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my cheek against his bare back. He was facing away, his back to me.
"You know what you should get?" I asked.
"What?" He asked, taking my hands in his.
"A back tattoo." I said, barely containing a laugh. Matty laughed.
"No, I'm serious! You could get a big portrait of me." I said, dragging my hand across the middle of his upper back. I smirked.
"That's funny." He said, turning to face me. He pulled me towards him and leaned down to kiss me. He took the hair-tie out of my hair and let it fall over my shoulders.
"I love your hair down." He said quietly, running his fingers through my wavy brown hair, just a little damp from my shower. I smiled.
"I'd love to wear it down more often, but it's so thick. I suffocate whenever it's down." I laughed softly.
He smiled, leaving a trail of kisses from my temple to my jawline and then down my neck.
"I love you so much." He whispered. I smiled, tugging softly at the curls at the back of his neck. He smiled softly, reuniting his lips to mine.
"I love you too." I mumbled against his lips.
"We still have hours..." Matty whispered. I smiled.
"What do you have in mind?" I asked. Matty raised his eyebrows and grinned at me.
"Jump." He whispered and I did as he said. Matty caught my thighs in his hands, wrapping my legs around his waist. I laughed breathily, hands shaking nervously.
"I'm too heavy for you, put me down." I said, suddenly afraid of what he might think. Matty shook his head.
"You're not heavy, babe. Relax." He said, kissing my jaw softly. I rolled my eyes, not believing him. I got a massive eruption of butterflies when he called me babe. That was one of the cutest things ever, to me. Matty sighed, carrying me to the bedroom. I laughed, letting him carry me and set me down on the bed.
"Listen to me," he said, kneeling in front of me. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met, and I think you're..." He trailed off.
"What?" I asked, afraid he'd think I wasn't good enough.
Too fat, too ugly, too frigid, too scared... Just not good enough.
The thoughts churning through my mind brought tears to my eyes.
"Baby, don't cry." Matty soothed. I looked up and met his dark eyes.
"You called me baby." I whispered through the tears, smiling.
"Don't like it?" He asked, biting his lip nervously.
"No. I love it." I smiled.
"Please, Billie," he rested his hand on my thigh and wiped away my tears with his other hand. "I love you so much, and I think you're perfect. I just want you to start believing it." He said, standing up. He plopped down on the bed beside me, and I smiled, eyes still damp with tears.
"Matty, I'm seriously so lucky. You're so good to me. I love you." I said, turning to face him. He leaned in and kissed me softly, and I still got the butterflies.
"I love you." He said, pecking my lips once more.
He made me so happy.
"We have so much time." Matty whined. I laughed.
"Do you want to watch a movie of something?" I asked. "Harry Potter marathon?" I offered. Matty's eyes lit up like a little kid and he ran to the couch in my lounge room, sitting down. I followed him out and put Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone into the DVD player.
I settled in next to Matty on the couch as the opening credits played.
I relaxed my body into his, Matty's arms around me and fiddling with my fingers. I was in a total sense of bliss.
---
After four or five of the movies it was time to go.
I got up to get changed - loose black shorts and a purple and blue tie-dye short sleeved shirt.
"How do I look?" I asked Matty. His eyebrows went up.
"Do you even have to ask? Babe, you're always gorgeous. Except," he came closer to me, taking the hair-tie out of my hair once again, letting my hair loose over my shoulders. "There." He said. I frowned, trying to put my hair back up into its ponytail, but Matty stopped me.
"Please. Just for tonight. I mean, put it up if you want, I think you're beautiful either way..." He smiled. I sighed and rolled my eyes, leaving it down.
"Okay. I'll leave it down. But if I suffocate it's your fault." I laughed. Matty slipped his arms over my shoulders and lead me out of my apartment.
We drove over to Matty's, him smoking out the window and me grinning like an idiot as his hand rested on my thigh.
"I feel like I haven't been home in ages." He laughed.
"I know - it's like we live together or something." I laughed. Then my eyes went wide. Shit. Shouldn't of said that.
"Crap. I always manage to make things awkward." I said.
Matty laughed. "Don't worry love, it's not awkward." He kissed my forehead.
"Good." I sighed.