Chapter seven

Harry didn't say another word to me. He and Noah walked ahead of me and Sam disappearing into the student bar once we had arrived. The student bar was packed they had opened up the back of the building by putting up tents outside to provide more room. Sam pushes us both to the front of the bar. To save time on having to keep going to the bar we decide a bottle of wine and some lemonade between us will last longer than our vodka and coke combination. Balancing the bottle of wine, glasses and jug of lemonade we make our way outside where there are a couple of tables and seats. I scan the crowd for Noah but he's nowhere in sight. I start to shiver, the air has a chill to it tonight.

"You should've wore a jacket El"

"I was being stubborn because Harry told me the same thing"

"God you two need your heads banging together"

"Maybe I can drink myself warm"

Sam starts laughing, when a couple of random lads come and sit next to us making small talk. I keep scanning the crowd in case Zac is already here, but there is no chance I'll be able to see him with the amount of people here. There's hardly enough room to breathe when your inside of the bar. After 20 minutes of small talk I cannot hold my pee in any longer, Sam looks very comfortable with one of the lads and I think the one talking to me has gotten the vibe that I'm not interested, as he has seemed to have made another female friend.

I excuse myself from the group and squeeze myself inside trying to remember when the toilets are. I'm looking down at the floor trying not to stand on anyone's feet when I walk straight into a hard chest. The impact pushes me backwards but a strong set of arms wrap around my waist before I fall to the ground.

"Ella we've got to stop meeting like this"

I look up to see the set of blue eyes I've been dying to come across all night.

"Just making sure you won't forget meeting me"

He pulls me up so were now chest to chest pressed against each other. There's not much room to move with everyone else squashed around us but I don't mind. I like being this close to Zac, I thought I'd feel nervous or awkward but I don't I just feel comfortable.

"I guess you could say I found you" he says with a smirk on his lips.

"I guess I could, and as much as I would really like to stay stood here with you I really need to pee so if you could just point me in the direction of the toilets and then find me again after that would be great"

He starts laughing but doesn't say anything to reply to me. Instead he just takes my hand and pulls my through the crowd to the opposite end of the bar and round the corner to where the toilets are. I run inside before my bladder bursts, hopefully I'll manage to find him when I'm finished.

To my surprise when I leave the toilets I see Zac leaning against the wall waiting for me with a smirk on his face.

"You really didn't think now that I've found you I'm going to lose again and have to go through that whole search again"

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint Zac but I don't think you searched very far I've been sat outside for a while now, speaking of which that is currently where my wine is"

"Lead the way Ella"

I guide us back to where Sam is sat. Zac's hand never leaves my back through the crowd. The lad Sam was talking to is not with her anymore my heart drops has she been sat on her own this whole time?

"Hey Sam where did your new friend go?"

"He got boring Noah came just in time and saved me, he's just gone to get us some more wine I may have had to finish the bottle when what's his face was trying to flirt with me. Oh hi new guy"

"Sam this is Zac"

Before Sam can say anything embarrassing in her tipsy state Noah once again saves the day. I introduce Zac to Noah and that's when the drinking games start to begin. Were in a middle of a very serious game of would you rather where Sam was about to answer whether she would rather have the body of a donkey or a head of cow when Harry interrupts.

"Noah there's a flat party two floors up from us you coming, oh hey man how's it going?"

Wait that question wasn't directed at Noah, I turn around to see who Harry was talking to when Zac gets up and shakes Harrys hand and starts joining in a conversation with him. No this can't be happening. How is the one guy that has shown any interest in me for years friends with Harry?

"Wait man the flat two floors up from yours is mine, I haven't been told about any party"

"Have you checked your phone in the past hour by any chance? I got a text of Dan who lives next door to you that's how I know"

"Mate I've been kind of busy the past couple of hours"

That statement I knew was aimed at me because Zac was looking straight at me when he said it. I started to feel the heat rise in my cheeks. Trying to hide my blush especially from Harry he wouldn't let me live it down I down my glass of wine and turn to Noah and Sam.

"A party sounds good right guys?"