"How do you know about that?"

Braxton shrugged his shoulders at me. "De'Andre called my phone at like three in the morning last night asking for you and he ended up telling me the whole thing," He nudged me playfully, and I could only furrow my brows at him wondering how someone could be so talkative and energetic this early in the morning.

"I gotta say Asher, sleeping with Imani Edwards is a pretty big move. Even for you. So was it worth it? Did she say you were better than Liam?"

I exhaled a sigh, pushing myself off the counter and tossing the glass in the sink. "I didn't sleep with her." I told him.

I didn't see the point in lying sometimes. If you tell a lie then you'll have to make up another lie to cover that one, and then another one to cover that one, and so on. I also think it's weird and disgusting to lie and say I slept with someone when I know damn well I didn't.

"Well who did you sleep with," Braxton asked again, his perfectly shaped eyebrows cocking upwards at me. "You clearly slept with someone. You got that dazed look on your face, and those love marks on your neck aren't exactly the smallest either."

Dammit Liam.

Quickly placing a hand over my neck, I turned away from Braxton. "That's none of your business." I said, beginning to make my way out the kitchen.

"You know I'm gonna find out regardless, right? I always do." Braxton sang, and I didn't have to turn around to know he was wearing that smug look on his face.

"Trust me, you won't."

Making my way upstairs and into my room I'm immediately greeted with the vivid red walls of my room, and I instantly regret ever telling my dad to paint it the crimson color when I was younger. It's blinding and only intensified my already throbbing headache. Groaning, I stumble over to my bed and flop down onto my black sheet. I should probably call up Andre and Caleb, and let them know I'm alright and made it home fine, but I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone. My body only wanted to rest and recover from this hangover.

I reached into my pockets and pulled out my phone and whatever else was stuffed in there. I toss the stuff beside me on the bed, and my face scrunched up at the sight of a broken off piece of something that resembles an angel wing. I stare at the item for a moment and when I'm sudden hit with the memories of last night, I blinked rapidly.

Angel was Liam. Of course it was, because who else could it have possibly been? Out of all the people at the party, I just had to sleep with the most obnoxious person there. I should've never went in the first place, that right there was such a dumb move on its own, but when you're Asher Montgomery you have no choice but to start mischief. It's what the people expect — it's what they want and you always gotta give the people what they want.

That's the most important thing in all of this. You got to give the people what they want; even if it kills you, even if it empties you out until there's nothing left to empty. No matter what happens, no matter how much it hurts, you don't stop acting, and you don't stop pretending, and you give the people what they want.

Is it worth it though? Because now here I am with holes in my clothes, hickies and bite marks covering my body, and a pounding headache that only seems to get worse by the minute.

I can still smell him on my skin, taste him on my lips. Vanilla. That lingering sweet scent making my throat dry and my head feel lighter than usual. Oddly enough, there's a familiarity to it and I can recall Liam always smelling like that. Even when we were little he always smelt so sweet and pure, and it always bugged me because he was literally everything but.

Crazy how after all these years that same scent is now stuck to me.

••••

"I really thought someone had kidnapped you and sold you to some strange guy in a foreign country to be his sex slave." Caleb said to me, and all I could do was just stare at the boy with a blank expression on my face at his words.

"I think the word you're looking for Asher is, anyways." De'Andre rolled his eyes, returning his attention back to the beach ball in the pool.

After a much needed nap and Advil, I called up De'Andre and Caleb to let them know I had got back home just fine. Since it was Sunday and there was nothing else to do, I decided to invite them over so we can just chill in the pool for the day. God knows we won't be doing much of this when schools starts tomorrow and the weather drops rapidly over night.

"Well no one kidnapped me and I'm surely not anyone's sex slave." I reassured Caleb who was relaxing on the donut shaped floaty.

"Those hickies say otherwise." De'Andre smirked, and I narrowed my eyes at him before splashing him with my feet.

Caleb groaned from his floaty. "Are you ever going to tell us who the hell you slept with? We know it wasn't Imani so who else could it be?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, placing my palms behind my back before resting. "I don't kiss and tell. You boys should know that by now."

"Kiss and tell my ass. You just don't want us to know because it's someone embarrassing. Probably someone with a third nipple or an extra toe." Andre said.

Caleb gasped aloud, his face twisting up. "Was it one of the servers?"

"No, it wasn't a server." I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Then why won't you tell us already?"

"Because I don't want to and quite frankly, it's really not anyone's business." I told them.

I didn't like keeping things from my friends. We grew up together, telling each other everything no matter what it was, but this is just something I can't let get out. I'd rather drown myself in this pool than let it be known that I slept with Liam Claremont. There's just some things that you take to the grave, and this right here is one of them.

De'Andre let a heavy sigh drift from his lips, before he casually fell back on the water and started floating on his back. "You do know that we're going to find out right? You can't keep nothing from us too long Asher."

"Yeah, we're going to find out who you slept with," Caleb added, drifting over to me. "And when we see that she only has six toes and third nipple, we're going to laugh at you!"

I rolled my eyes. "Bet." I said, before kicking over his floaty sending the boy flying into the cool water. Andre and I erupted into laughter at the scene as Caleb scurried to the edge of the pool to keep himself afloat.

"I can't fucking swim you big bitch!" He shouted, but that only made me laugh more.

••••
Excuse any mistakes or errors