Pancakes and First Date

Kara's pov:

I woke the next morning to a beautiful sight. The woman I love and who loves me sleeping soundly. I watched her sleep for a while before she started to stir. She opened her beautiful green eyes and smiled.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Hi," I replied.

"So, last night..." She said with a small smile.

"Happened and a lot was said," I replied returning the smile.

"You gave a good reason." She said.

"I can tell," I replied remembering what the night lead to.

"Haha," she chuckled.

"What are we?" She asked suddenly looking serious.

"Whatever you want," I answered truthfully.

"Well, then, Kara Danvers will you be my girlfriend?" She asked.

"Absolutely," I said as I leaned in to kiss her.

"We should really get up." She said as we pulled away looking at the time seeing that it was a little past nine.

"We could or we could both call into work and spend the day together." I offered.

"I like your idea better." She replied smiling.

I knew you would." I said as we kissed again.

Lena's pov:

After we both called into work, I took a shower and gave Kara some clothes to borrow after she took hers, I made my way to the kitchen to start on breakfast. I decided to turn on some music since it felt too quiet with kara in the shower. I decided to make pancakes and bacon. As I was cooking moving to the beat I felt 2 arms wrap around my waist and a soft kiss on my neck.

"What you cooking?" She asked.

"Pancakes," I answered.

"I love Pancakes." She replied with a smile.

"I know," I said smiling as well.

"And I love you." She said whispering in my ear.

"I know," I replied as I turned my head to kiss her then went back to cooking asking kara to set the table. By the time she was finished, I had just plated the last pancake. I brought the food to the table and sat. It was quiet while we ate sneaking glances at one another but I know that we still had things to talk about.

"Kara," I called her name which caused her to look up from her food and at me.

"I want this to work," I said thinking it was the best way to start the conversation.

"Me too." She replied with a soft smile.

"But for that to happen I need you to promise me that you won't lie to me and that we will tell each other everything no matter what because I love you and I need you. And I really want this to work cause you know I don't really have the best luck when it comes to relationships." I said letting it out into the open what I want.

"I promise never again will I lie or keep secrets from you." She said and she looked right in the eyes so I knew that she was telling me the truth.

"Good," I replied.

"Well unless it's a surprise because I love surprises." She added, I chuckled and nodded saying "okay."

We finished eating and decided to have a movie marathon. 3 Harry Potter movies later and Kara turns to me and asks: "Go on a date with me?"