Why?

Lena's pov:

She lied.

It repeats like a mantra in my head. She lied to me yet I still love her. I don't know what to do. I have so many questions. But mainly I just want to know: Why?
At first, I get why she didn't tell me, but as time went on and we got closer she said nothing and kept me in the dark all this time and had everyone else do it too. I can't even be mad at anyone but her because it was her secret and she didn't trust me enough to tell me. She just lied to me for years about everything. After I let her in. After I fell in love. I poured my self a drink, it has been a long day. Although I shouldn't have because next thing I know I'm drunk texting her not wanting to call because I can't hear her voice right now.

Me: Why did you lie? Why didn't you tell me? Is it because you don't trust me or cause I'm not worthy? Was I not good or important enough to know? Am I just another Luthor to you? A Luthor who could turn on you at any moment. I just need a reason cause without one the more I grow to hate you. And the more I hate you the more I hate myself because I'm still in love with you after everything and all the hurt and betrayal I feel because of you. Because you didn't tell me you're Supergirl. And what hurts most is I had to find out from my brother maybe if it were Alex or Brainy it wouldn't hurt as much but no it was him. So all I just want to know is, why?
Why, Kara, please just tell why?

Then, I pressed send. I knew I wouldn't get a response tonight since it was late, but I still waited but you know after sending it I felt kinda better. I had poured it all out and I told her how I felt. So, I hope this doesn't come and knock me in the teeth again cause I don't know how much I can take.

Kara's pov:

I was laying in bed trying to sleep but something kept bugging me. Lena has been distant lately and I don't know why. I was then startled out of my thoughts when my phone went off and I saw a text from Lena. I was curious as to why she was texting me this late and hoped everything was okay. I opened the message and started reading.

Lena: Why did you lie? Why didn't you tell me? Is it because you don't trust me or cause I'm not worthy? Was I not good or important enough to know? Am I just another Luthor to you? A Luthor who could turn on you at any moment. I just need a reason cause without one the more I grow to hate you. And the more I hate you the more I hate myself because I'm still in love with you after everything and all the hurt and betrayal I feel because of you. Because you didn't tell me you're Supergirl. And what hurts most is I  had to find out from my brother maybe if it were Alex or Brainy it wouldn't hurt as much but no it was him. So all I just want to know is, why?
Why, Kara, please just tell me, why?

I must have read it over at least a hundred times not believing what was in front of me I got out of bed and rushed to Lena's. When I arrived, I stood in front of her door for at least 5 minutes, before I knocked on the door and waited.

Lena's pov

I waited 15 minutes for a reply, then, I heard a knock at the door. I got up of the couch stumbling as I was not completely sober yet to answer it. I opened the door and there she was looking as beautiful as ever.

"Hi, can I come in?" She asked. I moved out the way not saying anything to shocked at the fact that she showed up here.

"I got your text and all I can say is that I'm sorry.  I have wanted to tell for a very long time but everyone who knows is in constant danger and I just wanted to keep you safe because I'm in love with you too. So, I'm sorry and you are worth everything and you are not just a Luthor. You are the woman I love." She told me all in one breath and I believed her. But I was still angry, so, before I knew it I had slapped her. Then, I kissed her and she kissed me back.

"I'm still mad at you," I said leaning my forehead against hers.

"I know." She said.

"I love you," I said.

"I know." She said.

I kissed her again.