First Entry

June, 8th, 2127 

I guess I'm starting a diary.  I might as well.    My name, as much as I will say, is Dr. Brashnik.  I'm in distress.  Everyone is gone.  The power's out.  Almost everyone I know is dead.  I'm all alone now other than some of my Co-workers.  We're all alone.  If someone finds this, you must be wondering why all of this happened in the first place.  It started a couple of months ago when out of nowhere whole entire states where completely devastated and their populations gone in mere days. It was a strange, undiscovered virus, known as Dz-eG.  It got around the world like a rocket and just like that, the company that I work for, Acra Corps, was on the news once again.

You see, I live in a very wealthy city.  Acra is one of the most advanced medical research facilities in the nation.  Everyone who works here is pretty much a genius, I guess a degree can get you this but I'd still rather be trying to make a laser gun at my house.  I know that it sounds stupid, but please, don't judge me! I watch a lot of Science Fiction.  Back on track, Acra is the place that cured cancer, and pretty much every other sickness the world had to offer.  Too bad humanity is too much of a snob to give the "Super Vaccines" we had made in hope to help the world to no one except the rich.  The only others who got the vaccine where those who love in Acra City.  Acra City you ask?

 Everyone who works at Acra lives in a climate controlled biosphere with their other family and loved ones at.  When people started going, the anti-vaxxers where the first to go, they always had it coming for them.  Pretty much everyone rejoiced and made memes but soon enough it wasn't just them who were good as gone.  Soon enough everyone was starting to attack Acra trying to convince them to give the vaccination to the world, and they did.  Too bad it only made it worse.  Everyone who got it died soon afterwords.  

Either the anti-vaxxers where right or there was something in there that was lethal to those infected.  When that  little shot didn't work we all knew we where doomed.  Suicide levels rose and many where praying for their lives.  At Acra, everyone was panicked.  We worked, and worked, but none of the medicines had any effect.  That was when it happened.  The first death in Acra City, my adopted daughter, Susie.  I remember that day.  It wasn't long ago, once Dz-eG arrives you aren't long for this world.  In fact, we where the only humans left alive in the world.

It was when I was sobbing on my sofa  contemplating the fact that this was the end when I got a call from one of my friends who also works at Acra.  He told me that apparently he had heard rumors that Zachariah, head of Acra had made a cure, and he was keeping it all to himself.  That sounded like him.  He was an older man, with balding Hair and a stern look to him. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had heard of this,  everyone was talking about it.  It just so happened that after word got out almost everyone was dead.  Yesterday I came to work.  I knew I was infected and that I would die soon.  

When I stepped outside, everyone was gone.  There were a few dead body's here and there, but most of us had died in our sleep.  I just walked to work, wondering if anyone would even be there, and I guess there was.  It was Timothy, Sebastian, Irwin, and my friend, Matt.  When I walked in everyone noticed me immediately.Everyone was sitting at a table, just talking.  We told each other our fondest wishes, our life goals, and talked about how we never thought it would end this way.  On loose leaf sheets of papers we wrote our wills and final wishes, although someone other than us would be able to see them.  We walked around the laboratory for some time.  That was when we noticed someone else, Zachariah.  He was in one of the frosted glass rooms.

He hadn't noticed us but I could tell he had something in his hand.  The thought that all of us had was that it was the CURE.  That was when we burst in.  Of course he noticed but not quick enough.  Irwin pounced onto him like a cougar does it's prey and snapped his neck.  Irwin was a limber figure.  I had never suspected him of such strength or for him to be able to kill.  We all stared at him in a mix of disbelief and fear.  He bent down and picked up what had been in Zachariah's hand.  It was a small little needle, scarcely the size of a lollipop.  We looked at what was on the other tables and saw that there just so happened to be four other small, needed glass files resting on the tables.  We all took one and hoped it was the cure.  We are all scared of Irwin.  I don't know how he did that, and so quickly too...  I feel like maybe the fact that he's so strong is weird.  Shouldn't he have bulging biceps or something?

I am writing this the day after I took the vaccine.  I'm still alive so I think that we will live.  Now the only thing left in my head is why didn't he tell the world of his discovery?!  Why didn't he.  Susie would still be with me then.  I feel sad for her.  It wasn't like anyone else in my family liked me.  She did though.  I knew she did even though she thought I was weird and embarrassing.  It was one of those sort of, love-hate things?  I don't really know.  I will stop writing now.  I'm still trying to get my head around these recent turn of events.