Chapter 41: Thanos

Start from the beginning

She leaped in the air above Thanos' head, swiping her claws at him as she descended. He dodged her and used the Power Stone to hold her in the air, and as he raised his gauntlet fist, he slammed her into the ground hard. He chuckled at her as he turned back around, facing Wanda and Vision, but Claire stood back up and bit his left leg. The Titan yelled and knelt down in pain as he swung around, trying to hit her, but she quickly sidestepped, and snapped her jaw around his arm.

Claire let go of his arm, and jumped at him, knocking his to the ground. She swung her claws at him, trying to either claw his malicious face off or tear the gauntlet off his hand; they both worked for her so much that she didn't have a preference. Claire's flailing managed to scratch Thanos a couple of times, giving him a few deep cuts that would surly become an issue later if left untreated, and though neither noticed, it also resulted in the Time Stone dislodging from the gauntlet and falling into the grass.

Finally, Thanos had enough of her, and clenched his fist, the Power Stone illuminating a light purple, and he brought his fist back far, before bringing it forward with such speed that the force of the punch knocked Claire clear off him and into a large rock. Claire let out a loud yelp as she crumpled to the ground, unconscious. At that moment, the Mind Stone was obliterated, and the force knocked Wanda back. She breathed heavily as she turned around at the spot where Vision's body was last sitting. She sighed as she turned around and closed her eyes and lowered her head. She heard the heavy footsteps of Thanos as he walked closer to her.

"I understand, my child. Better than anyone," Thanos' deep voice said as he tried to comfort her. Wanda picked her head up, looked at him, and before she could respond, Claire's unmoving black fur-clad body caught her eyes. Wanda stared at her and her heart shattered as Claire didn't move; not one bit. Angry tears fell formed in her eyes and she stood up from the ground and stood tall, facing Thanos.

"You couldn't possibly understand. But you will," Wanda said, the scarlet mist wrapping around her hands again. Her eyes burned a bright scarlet as she raised her hand, sending the red energy around Thanos' gauntlet. He stared at her in confusion, but it quickly contorted into anger when Wanda flicked her wrist and the gauntlet flew of Thanos' beefy hand, flying past her. He growled at her in anger and charged at her, but she was ready for him. She walked forward, her hands still glowing and she shot fast and powerful balls of energy at him, making him stumble. She flailed her arms around as she gather more power and momentum, and brought the energy crashing into Thanos, knocking him to the ground with a loud and rumbling thud.

The rest of the Avengers watched her as she bared her teeth and sent her scarlet magic to wrap around Thanos' massive body. Lifting her arms, she raised him from the ground and guided her magic into his body through the open wounds that Claire left him. She wiggled her fingers and Thanos let out a loud pain filled scream as her magic tore in apart, from the inside. With each scream that he let out, Wanda grew angrier and increased the pressure she had on her magic.

Thanos' muscles ripped inside him as the magic grabbed hold of them and pulled one way, while the magic on the outside pulled him another way. Wanda was seething as he cried for what sounded to her like mercy. He didn't deserve mercy. Wanda blinked a few times, before she let got and retracted her magic. Thanos fell to the ground, groaning in pain, blood seeping from his wounds. He tried to get up but collapsed from the pain. Wanda stalked over to him and knelt down beside his face and chest. He shook and breathed heavily in pain and glared at her, hoping to mask his fear.

"Well..." he said, his voice coming out weak. "What are you waiting for? Finish it." She didn't say anything, just stared at him, her eyes still glowing red. Thanos grabbed her by her jacket and pulled her down more. "Finish it!"