Chapter 31: Bicky Knows

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm not going for Bicky. I heard that Wakanda is beautiful and relaxing, and after everything I've been through, I think I deserve a little relaxing." Claire laughed at Bucky's stupid nickname. Sam heard her say it one time when they were stuck together in Steve's stupid blue beetle and he hasn't let it go.

"Hey Wilson, only I'm allowed to call him 'Bicky'. I alone have earned that right. Find your own nickname," Claire said stepping away from Steve and walking towards Sam. Wanda sighed and shook her head. This is my girlfriend. A literal child.

"Listen Stowell, I don't want to have to fight a child, but I will. I don't care if you earned the right to call him 'Bicky' because I'm exercising my right to take 'Bicky' as mine. You go find something else." Claire growled and stepped closer to Sam, crossing her arms. Wanda walked up behind her and laid a hand on her shoulder, grasping it and dragging her away.

"Come on, Claire. It's not worth it."

"Yeah, walk away, Stowell. Not like you could've taken me anyway," Sam said smirking as Claire and Wanda walked away. Wanda sighed, letting her head fall forward dramatically as Claire stopped and turned back to face him, her eyes a bright purple. Sam's eyes widened and the smirk disappeared. She heard him swallow hard, a smirk of her own appearing on her face.

"What was that, Wilson? I couldn't hear you." Her voice was deep and low, piercing Sam's core. He shivered as the resonance trailed down his spine.

"I said 'Bicky' is yours."
"Thank you," she said, her eyes and voice returning to normal. She turned back around and followed Wanda to the Quinjet, mentally high-fiving her wolf and biting her lip to keep from laughing as Wanda shot her a disapproving glare, though she could see the amused smile that fought to grace her lips.

○○○

The flight to Wakanda was relatively quick since Wanda and Claire spent the time talking quietly to each other, listening to music, and watching episodes of Friends on Claire's phone. Personally, Wanda wasn't a fan and didn't find the sitcom funny, but she endured it knowing that Claire liked it. Instead, Wanda watched Claire as she became engrossed in the show. Her nose scrunched up as she giggled at one of Joey's antics. Wanda leaned over and placed her head against Claire's shoulder and closed her eyes, enjoying the sweet sound of Claire's giggle.

Steve looked over at the two and smiled. Sam followed his gaze and lightly hit Steve's arm, nodding in their direction.

"Seems they made up," he whispered. Steve nodded his head.

"Yeah, seems like it."

"You know what happened?" Steve shrugged and frowned.

"Nope. You?"

"Nada," Sam said, turning away from the girls. "But whatever happened, something's different now."

"Different how?"

"Well, look at them; they seem happier. And they've practically been inseparable. Whatever happened, it changed them for the better." Steve smiled and turned his eyes towards them again but flinched a little when he met Claire's purple eyes staring back at them. She took out her head phones and placed them and her phone on the seat next to her. She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow at Steve and Sam.

"You guys don't know how to mind your own business do you?" Her voice was soft and low, but loud enough for them to hear her.

"Claire we weren't saying anything bad, it's just—" Claire cut Steve off, shushing him and gestured over to Wanda sleeping soundly against her shoulder. Steve nodded in understanding and lowered his voice. "We're just glad you two worked things out. We were all worried about you two."