Sanemi Shinazugawa |Voice

Start from the beginning

Sanemi stare at your state for a second, you were shaking due to the cold yet you were sleeping outside. now that he got a look on your face closely he could see the dark eye bags below your eyes.

you must have been so tired to sleep on this cold yet you were waiting for him to return, despite knowing this, Sanemi convince himself the he didn't care and was about to leave. but he stop halfway and turned back around, he remove his haori and placed it on you, he also shake off the umbrella to remove the accumulated snow, he look at you one last time before going inside, warm food and bath prepared on his room like always.

The next day, you happily showed up in front of Sanemi to return his haori, after waking up on the cold, you were happy that he even gave you his haori despite Sanemi leaving you outside.

"Thank you for yesterday Sanemi-kun, are you leaving for another mission? me too" you said as he rudely snatch away his haori on your hold and leave.

"Sanemi-Kun!" you called as he was already far, he stop walking and turned around

"I love you Sanemi-kun, take care!" you shouted and smiled at him, flowers floating around you.

"...whatever" Sanemi whispered as he turned around, a slight blush on his face. you giggled then turned on the other way to go and do your own mission.

a few days later, Sanemi returned on the headquarters, half of him slightly looking forward to see you as you wait outside the gate, Half of him denying that he cared for you.

however, as he neared the gate of the headquarters, you were nowhere to be seen, though he wouldn't admit it, he was slightly disappointed. when he entered his room he was expecting the usual sight but the room was the same as he left it. 

thinking that you might still be on a mission, he tried to lay on the bed to rest but his conscience was bugging him to look for you, after a few groans he reluctantly leave his room and look for you. 

he was wandering around when a servant from the butterfly estate hurriedly pass by him, quickly he stop the servant as he slightly catch the the familiar haori the servant was holding.

"why do you have this?" he asked, the servant a little intimidated.

"I..I was ordered to wash it" as he look closely to the haori there were traces of blood on the clothes, he stayed calm to not jump to conclusions.

"where's the owner of this haori?"  

"That is..." 

his eyes widen as he heard the words of the servant, he hurriedly march towards the butterfly estate,his not supposed to care but his body was moving on his own, his mind and heart was telling the opposite, he didn't know what to do but his foot brought him to the estate anyway. 

"Shinazugawa?" Shinobu called as he saw the Wind pillar on the estate, a rare sight indeed.

"Where's (Y/N)?!" he shouted as he clutch his fish. Shinobu understanding the situation told him everything.

As you were seating on the bed, a servant bandaging your arm, Sanemi burst open the door his eyes looking around before settling on you. 

"get out!" he angrily said to the servant making the poor man hurriedly run away. as soon as the two of you were alone, Sanemi's cold eyes slightly turned soft as he stare at you. suddenly Sanemi lunge at you and engulf you on a hug.

"call my name" he softly said near your ear making you flinch, instead of hearing your cheerful voice he was replied with silence.

"So it was true"Sanemi somewhat sad said as he hug you tigther, pulling you closer to him as he remembered Shinobu's words.

"...Her vocal cords were severely damage, there's a possibility she can't talk anymore"

You tried to open your mouth to say something but no words come out. so instead, with your free hand, you hug  back Sanemi as a form of comfort.

after hugging each other, Sanemi leaned back and took a seat next to you on the bed. 

"You've always taken care of me, when you can't even take care of yourself..." Sanemi softly said as he continued to bandage your injured hand. not able to speak you just stare at him.

"...so this time, let me take care of you" he continued as he suddenly look at you in the eyes. not believing what you were hearing, tears gathered on your eyes and suddenly you were crying.

"Why the hell are you crying?!" Sanemi panically said as he help you wipe away your tears. after calming down, you leaned back to hurriedly search for something in the drawer.

you pulled out a pen and a paper and wrote something as Sanemi watch you amusely. after writing you turned the paper to show to Sanemi.

'I'm really Happy, Thank you Sanemi-kun' 

as he read it, you smiled so brightly at him, the way you smiled at him the last time he saw you. flowers were floating around you and for some reason he felt so warm. without thinking he attack your lips, he was gentle like he was handling something so fragile despite his rough personality. 

when you two broke the kiss you were so red, happily writing something then turning it around for Sanemi to see.

'I love you so much Sanemi-kun'

"I know and I think I love you too (Y/N)"

after that day, Sanemi kept his promise and took care of you on his own ways. He always told you that he miss your voice the most, he continued to believe that your voice was not loss and someday he'll be able to hear it again, but let's leave that for another story.