13| A Greek God Isn't My Roommate

Author: beware the mistakes my chapters, they bite, annoy, causes frustration and can be so carless that they're deadly. I advise you talk to your doctor before reading.

I woke up to movement on the bed I was sleeping on. I decided to sleep in his bed, just in case he came. Not to sound like a tart, or a complete fool, but I did feel sorry. Terribly sorry. But I would never admit it to him though. It was one of the many pride issues we shared. I didn't know if I should speak or not because I knew he wasn't going to. I just let the thick tension wrap us up into a whole. But then, there was the burning passion the was radiating off of Sasha.

He was still angry with me. And this made it even harder for me the break the ice and utter words to him. His anger radiated heat that I felt intensely and I was torn. Was this, me feeling his body heat when he was a good distance away from me, the urge to speak to him to make him not be mad at me--was this my head telling me that I missed him? Did I actually miss Sasha?
Sasha a hot, mysterious, painfully annoying man, who is most likely unstable and possibly criminal?

This so blows.

I checked the time and it was, to my surprise, after 6 AM. It was already morning, we were both in bed, both up, both silent. Something has to happen. So I turned around to him on the bed and smelt the odor of weed, which led me to say the first words of the day:

"Have you been smoking?" It was an obvious question and it couldn't contain my surprise. His back was to me and I saw his back muscles tense up at my voice. "Since when did you smoke?" I got from the bed with disgust. It was a hypocritical thing to do since, I must admit, have smoked before.

But I quit when I realized I only did it out of stress--which isn't really a good reason. Was he stressed?

Of course he was, idiot.

He turned around on the bed and faced towards me. My heart lurched at the sight of him. He looked like shit, but since this Sasha, a sexy pile of shit. Paradoxically, shit can never be sexy--but even Sasha can make looking bad look hot. His hair was wild, the shadow on his face was darker and his eyes were colder. He had a swollen lip.
He let out a scoff and got up from the bed then walked to bathroom. Now, I felt like an idiot. He just plain out ignored me and left me looking dumb for saying anything--he didn't care.

"What the fuck happened to your lip?" I asked further walking into the bathroom. He was in front the mirror cabinet opening up a bottle of pills. I snatched them out of his hands before he can take out any.
"I'm speaking to you," I said firmly and he rolled his eye childishly.

"Give me that back, Solana." He said in a bored tone and held out his hand.
"You're not getting anything back until you answer m-" He snatched the pills right out my hands and walked out of the bathroom. I now noticed that the way he moved a staggered a bit. What was wrong with him?

His breath didn't smell like alcohol.

He walked out of the room and towards the bathroom closer to my bed room. Before I can get in he shut the door and locked it. Something was wrong, and it just wasn't about the previous events from last night. I
walked back into his room and my eyes immediately went over to the night stand on his side of the bed.

What if the gun wasn't the only thing he was hiding?
.
.
.

I would be lying if I didn't say that Sasha wasn't acting weird, weirder than usual. He started with acting in planned patterns; tapping his knee three times before getting up to walk, or looking left and right slightly when when he talked. He got angry a lot more quicker than usual and got silent more often. The only thing that was normal about his behavior was that he was still mad at me.

He must've been hiding something big though. Was his life in danger? Did that mean mine was too?

"Sasha," I called him name standing at the door frame of his room. He was sitting at the edge of the bed on his side (yes, his side, I still sleep in the same bed, but we don't sleep together anymore) putting on boots. He did speak to me even if I saw him tense a little.

"Can you please just talk to me? What's been going with you? You're acting very freaky and its very scary! You can be upset with me all you want but at least tell me what's going on." I said. He stopped to here what I had to say then went back to his shoes.

He ruffled his hand in the nightstand drawer, the infamous one that held the gun. I held my breath, what was going to happen in the next few seconds? Was this it?

"Where are the pills that were in this drawer?" He asked calmly but testily. I fidgeted, I had took them into my own room fearing that Sasha was now doing drugs. The white slip that was always on medicine bottles, was scratched and almost transparent. I couldn't read it said.

"Uh-"

"Where did they go? What did you do to them? I always keep them here." His replies were getting more rushed and faster as he spoke.

"What kind of pills are they?" I asked, I was so desperate for him not to leave me in the dark, "tell me something."

"I have no time for this, Solana. Where are they?"

"In my room." I answered. I was going to get nowhere with him at this moment. He brushed past me and into my room where he took the pills and placed the bottle into his pocket. Was he going to overdose? My heart sank at Sasha dying, and it surprised me that the thought had never crossed my mind especially with Sasha's...background.

He put on his outdoor wear; scarf, jacket, hat. And before leaving he said:

"keep the door lock, the shades down and the lights dim."

He had warned me.
.
.
.
Everything went down that night so quickly.

Sasha came in late and went straight to bed, smelling slightly of weed, and stripped into his underwear then sleeping on the bed. I turned at the smell but faced the side towards him so I can actually see him. It was true that once you really lost something, you saw the value in it.

But I had lost Sasha, a Greek god isn't my roommate, anymore.

The next events were then moments I would never forget. He turned to me, his vibrant eyes had a stir of fire which died after a few seconds. But it was as almost he looked calm that I had turned around. I don't remember falling asleep but I did. One moment I was asleep then another moment Sasha swiftly wrapped his body around me protecting me from the world as we tumbled off the bed.

Gunshots were penetrating the walls of the apartment and glass from windows rung nastily in my ears.

We were under attack.

Author: FIN. No I'm just kidding, I wouldn't leave you hanging like that. But how are you guys, with Christmas coming up and all? I hope it's good. Who's birthday is around Christmas break? Not mine, just asking. Sometimes it's nice to just find out what's going on with other people, not to sound like a hippie. :)