3| My Roommate Isn't My Boyfriend

dedicated to @esoterically because she's literally everything, she makes graphics (covers) and she writes amazing stories. I advise you read her story The Heartbreakers Club or Bad Boy Blueprint! She's so cool.

I have a boyfriend, his name is Matt. Yes, one and not many. I'm not that type of girl where boys drop at my feet; I'm no Sasha or Lanie. I'm awkward with short hair and a lanky stature. It should be a miracle that I have a boyfriend at all at the moment because I've been more crabby than usual ever since Sasha moved in.

Matt doesn't know about Sasha, and Sasha doesn't know about Matt.

Unfortunately, this is yet another ripple in the Sasha effect that changes everything.

.

.

.

"Stop avoiding the elephant in the room, Solana," Anders spat, his hazel eyes narrowing in my direction, "when are we going to met Sasha?"

"He must be something if you're willing to keep him from us." Lanier trailed off crossing her arms.

I refuse to speak about Sasha to anyone because a) he has an effect of people which means b) they'll like him. I couldn't risk them meeting him, he had already took my dislike for my apartment and turned it into hatred. I don't him taking my friends either.

"Never, he isn't worth it." I took a bite out of my teriyaki chicken subway sandwich. For lunch we always sat on a blanket out on the campus. It wouldn't make sense for me to travel to the apartment to eat to just head back out in an hour for my next class. "He's a complete dick."

After realizing what I'd just said I made sure to shoot both of them looks so they'd shut up. Lanie and Anders had a knack for seeing loopholes in whatever anyone says and was sure to say some smart remark. It was like they shared the same mind and I found it both amusing and annoying.

"Hey guys," Hale (remember Lanie's boyfriend) greeted us. I watched as he bent down to give Lanie kiss and gave Anders a pat on the back. "What are we talking about?" I liked it when it was the four of us because Lanie and Anders took each other's sides, and can gang up on me. So I took Hale's side because no one can survive an Anders and Lanie storm.

"Lana's new roommate." Lanie purred into his ear and this was the part where I gagged at this PDA. Because once these two start, there's no stopping.

It made me think of my current situation with Matt. We never really showed PDA and I'm a prude when it came to sex because I'm a virgin. Yes, I'm a 19-going-on-20 year virgin, which didn't sound that bad once you've said out loud. It's just that it's not that common. I love Matt, I'm in love with him actually but I don't know how long he'll wait.

.

.

.

Tonight, I'm in the apartment, alone. Something that really hasn't happened since before Sasha, The note on the refrigerator said that Sasha wasn't probably to be back until early in the morning. I took this a chance to cherish the moment.

I'm gonna wear a thong!

After taking a hot shower and noticing the thin dirty blonde dye that was start the fade away in my hair I made a mental note to buy more dye. I turned up the music loud, (which played Fancy by Iggy Azalea) kept the tv on and actually cooked myself something to eat. Usually I would be stressing out about all the electricity burning but I was a kid in her own guilty pleasure paradise.

All my hopes and dreams were crushed when I heard the door close, in the middle of me doing my best gangnam style. I was too scared and embarrassed to turn around but I did out of instinct. Sasha is standing there watching me dance, or at least my fail at dancing.

"Oh my," I mumble to myself, "why are you here?" I blinked erratically and shielded my face with my hands as if that was to do something.

I made a mental note of what I was wearing. I wasn't wearing just a thong, I'm not that kind of girl. I was wearing a bra, a lace one, and a shirt; a see through shirt.

"I left something," I saw an amused face hugged his features through my fingers. Surprisingly, he just stood there for a few seconds and fetched for what he was looking for. The awkwardness still stood in the room as I went to go turn off the stereo.

I heard his feet come closer into the living room and I tensed up. I watched as he walked back out of the room, wearing a smile and shaking his head. He walked over to the door and when I thought I was going to actually get a freebie...

"Nice tits, perky and energetic." And a slam of the door followed. Every time I'm around him or every time he spoke I felt like I wanted to die.

I didn't know what to do but flip off the door and fumble to myself walking over to the couch. I noticed my phone'a brightness contrasted my mood. It was half past after 6 and I had gotten a text message from Matt.

It read that he wasn't going to be able to see me today, he's been sick for a while and I've been getting worried. I called him.

"Matt?" I greeted.

"Sol? Hey," he was out of breath and I figured it could be a case of coughing involved with his sickness.

"Yeah, I wanted to know if everything was alright? Do you want to come over?"

"Do you want to get sick too?"

I didn't want to get sick but if he needed me then I'll be there. "Yes."

"You don't have to come over, Sol, I'm fine."

The whole 'I'm fine' quote never amazes anyone because in some cases, the person never really is fine. Therefore, I can tell Matt was lying to me but I didn't know what was in store for me.

.

.

.

Everything happened at once.

I was outside of Matt's apartment and placed my fist in the door prepared to knock but it opened the door instead. That's when I heard noises enacted from a room.

As I had gotten closer, moaning became distinct and as clueless as I was...I figured Matt was so sick that he had gotten nausea.

Instead of Matt leaning over some bucket waiting for bile to come out, I catch him in bed..

..naked...

....with some girl wrapped around his body...

end.

Next Chapter: My Roommate Is A Rebound