"Now remember, stay close to me, and do exactly as I say." he reminded her, then the two rushed up the stairs.

Up on the deck it was surprisingly empty, and the sky was completely dark. Hiccup didn't ponder it too much, as he dipped down into the shadows that the rails of the ship provided, however he did realize it was strange that along with there being no dragons, there was also not a single star nor moon showing in the sky.

"What are we gonna do Papa?" Zephyr whispered, but Hiccup simply reminded her not to say a word. His eyes scanned the deck, and found the emergency raft. Pointing it out to Zephyr, he counted down to three before both of them made a mad dash across the deck and to the other side of shadows.

"Get in." he told Zephyr, giving her a small boost upwards.

"I can't Papa!" she whispered.

"Zephyr I thought we got over this fear. The water isn't going to hurt you, now get into the boat!" the urgency in Hiccup's voice increased as voices started to rise. He knew it was only a matter of time before they discovered the empty cell, and he'd be lucky if the emergency boat was unleashed into the water before they reached the deck and realized what was happening.

"Papa I can't! It won't let me!"

His instincts were starting to panic now, so he put Zephyr down and threw his leg over the railing to jump into the boat, but a force suddenly threw him through the air and crashing onto the floor. Jumping back up to his feet, after the momentary shock wore off, he stared at the open sea. He tapped a finger into what seemed to be the simple air, however it was met with a solid, preventing him from passing the railing. "No." he whispered, banging one hand, then both desperately on the solid. "No, no, no."

"Banging on it won't help."

Hiccup spun around to find Ingrid standing with a torch in her hand, along with Stoick, Spikelout, Henrik, and Gober.

"Son, we are bringing you back home-"

"No! I was home!"

"No you weren't-"

"Yes I was!" the sudden fierceness in his voice, while he ignited 'Inferno' made the crowd step back in awe, assessing the 'new Hiccup'. This was someone completely different from the weak boy they had known ten years ago, in the arena trying to beg the village that dragons were their friends. This was a man, a leader, who knew exactly what is place was, would let no one toss him around, had pride, courage, and the will to fight. "And don't try to give me another one of your reasons! I tried to make amends with you, I tried to fight and argue that you were good people. You would've been dead if I hadn't brought it up to Queen Mala. I have always believed that in some way you could change, that you could see the good in this world, but now, I can't even see it myself anymore. I don't know what you've turned into, Chief Stoick, but it's not my father."

Silence absorbed the group, as they all stared at Hiccup, taken aback by his sudden harshness. Stoick felt a dagger lodge into his heart, but in seconds that honest remorse turned to agony and hatred.

"You are Horrendous Hiccup Haddock the Third, rightful heir to the throne of Berk." Stoick's voice roared across the ship, making a shiver drive up everyones' spines.

"No." Hiccup's soft whisper was a startling contrast from their raised voices. He looked down at a braided rope on his wrist, then behind him at Zephyr. "I am son of the Markvörður Dracones, Valka. I am the Commanding General to Queen Mala of the Defenders of the Wing tribe. I am the husband of the great Queen Serafina of fire. I am the Dragon Master." he paused, taking a deep breath in, his face that was scrunching up from the anger that was fueling the projection of his voice now softened to pride, and his voice was now steady, yet clearly heard. "I am Hiccup Daengrus."