The sun was setting and it was time for dinner. They had booked at a famous local restaurant and she was needed to dress up for the occasion. She did not mind it at all.

-—————

It was break time for Dylan's filming. They had to take a break. Dylan was a little frustrated. Not only they had to do reshoots for this particular scene, he was getting lethargic. No matter how hard he tried, he could not internalize his role. He sat down on the chair in the rest area. It was not fancy but he have had worse. Especially filming in the dessert during EN2. When the sand storm came, there was literally no shelter.

Hao-ge came in and handed him an envelope.

"This came in yesterday. I kept it so you can focus on filming. But I think you might need it now."

Dylan frowned. "Who is it from?"

Hao-ge smiled. "Look."

He took the letter and vaguely saw the stamps. Paris! He turned to the back. There was no sender's name.

"I don't know anyone from there."

"Why don't you just open and find out?" Hao-ge then left the room.

Dylan carefully slit opened the envelope. Why does this fragrance seem so familiar? He put it close to his nose. There is only one person in this world with this smell....Could it be..?

He quickly took out the letter and scanned the first line.

Dear Wang He Di,

By the time you receive this letter, I will be back in China.....

He sat down and quietly read the letter. Smiling when he reached second paragraph. And letting out a guffaw on her mention of Thomas aka Blake. Thomas and Daoming Si were on screen foes but off screen, they goofed around a lot. He beamed when she mentioned about Inga and Silja. He had soft spot for the ICON team. The Shanghai trip was his turning point when he first confessed to Yue. He groaned thinking how she was always making impractical to-do lists knowing how tight her schedule was.

As he read, his eyes widened. He stood up. Is this really from her? She wrote:

I have some leisure time tomorrow to walk around Paris before the Lacoste show. I have a list of to-dos- visit Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, The Lourve (my staff said I cannot be greedy), have teatime at the local cafe, (I AM NOT dieting in Paris!!) and bag shopping. Me and my wishful thinking.

But Didi... you know what I really like to do? I can just imagine in my mind a typical day in Paris. Here goes...

We wake up when the sun beckons us to. Have our morning breakfast in bed (separately, haha! Don't you dare think weird thoughts!) We visit Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées and all the famous iconic places in Paris together. Take lots of photos. Then, we have a picnic lunch, while watching the world goes by. After lunch, we continue with shopping. You will love the bags and shoes here. Then, followed by teatime at Laduree for their macaroons. (This place reminds me of Rabbit Hole. You can just drink tea 😝) Watch the sunset together. A beautiful Parisian dinner with music. Or maybe attend a classical music performance after dinner. And end with a night stroll. It does not matter where as long as you are with me.

When I close my eyes, I can see your smile dancing all the way up to your eyes. There is no time for concerns. No one knows us. No paparazzi. We are free. We can be ourselves.

But this "special day", I will keep in my heart. It may happen, it may not. Two years, three years or five years.. Who knows? We cannot predict the future. We can only cherish the present. I am grateful for you and what we have. There is no one else in the world that I would like to share a day in Paris with. Aren't you honored that Lao Shen picked you? 😉

I will see you soon.

Je T'aime, Didi.

Y.

That French word. He made a quick search on his translator app.

"HOLY SHIT!!!!"

He almost dropped his phone. He dialed her number. He did not care if she was busy or not. He needed to know.

Finally, she picked up.

"Hi Didi! Why are you calling? Didn't you say you are busy filming today?"

"SHEN YUE!!!!!!"

"What?!! What happened?" She sounded panicky.

"Did you send me a letter from Paris?"

There was pause. Then, she said "Oh yes, I almost forgot. So, it finally arrived after 3 weeks."

"DO YOU MEAN WHAT YOU SAY IN THE LETTER?!!"

"Honestly, I cannot remember!" She laughed. "What did I write?"

"Do you want me to read to you? Are you that forgetful?" He asked impatiently.

She was now laughing non-stop. "Why do you sound so upset, Didi?"

"Shen Yue. Stop laughing."

"Okay, sorry."

"Do you mean every word you said?"

Didi could hear her breathing on the phone. He should have called her on video chat but it was risky. Someone might see.

"Wang He Di."

He waited.

"I mean every word I said."

Dylan gasped and closed his mouth with his hand.

"Yue... are...are you saying yes?"

She smiled.

"It's a YES."

"YESSSSS!!!" Dylan screamed. "WOOHOO!!!!" He jumped and pumped his fist in the air. "Oh my God, FINALLY!" He felt like crying.

"Didi...."

"Shen Yue?" He was breathing heavily. His heart was racing. His body felt warm. His ears all red.

"Je t'aime."

He grinned.

"I know that one. Je t'aime, my Yue Yue."

They both smiled.

—————-

Author's note:

Just a short one after seeing her photos all over!! So proud of her! The feeling is like a mother watching her daughter's achievement. So grateful that the world loves her and she knows it.

This one shot can be related to the Shanghai series or stand alone

This one shot can be related to the Shanghai series or stand alone. Either way, I just want to get it off my mind.

💜💛 Hsien