Chapter 5: Rings of vows

Jin was sitting in a couch in Taehyung's house. Mrs. Kim was really nice to him. He certainly noticed the lack of family pictures in their house, unlike his own which was filled with their family photos. Mr. Kim came out of nowhere as he sat next to him. "Seokjin, how do you like my son, Taehyung?" He started without looking at him. Jin thought for a second and them replied, "He really seemed very nice. He looks like a great person actually. I like him fine, if you think I don't." Mr. Kim just hums. He was going to respond when the front door opens and Taehyung comes to stand front of them. He looked like he had a big day. Mr. Kim goes forward and slaps his shoulder and disappeared behind a door, which Jin thinks is his bedroom. Taehyung sits beside him and seemed to want to ask Jin something. But, he was quick to understand so he said "I know we won't have a proper engagement, so I came here to give the ring." Taehyung nodded even though Jin couldn't ignore the sadness in his eyes. Taehyung stands up, and being the kid he is, pulls Jin up too. "Get on one knee" Taehyung says in a playfully commanding tone. Jin was puzzled, he rose a brow. Taehyung rolled his eyes and said " If I won't have my dream to be engaged to a really handsome man in front of many people then at least I really would love if he proposed me and you are going to be my future husband, why not ask you?" Taehyung finished giving his famous puppy eyes and cute pout. Jin knew he was defeated and he hesitantly got on one knee and brought up the little box containing the rings "Kim Taehyung, in this short amount of time I came to know you. And we are anyways going to marry, still.... Will you please marry me?" Jin asked, little dramatic. Taehyung contains his giggles and nodded his head and allows Jin to put the ring into his left ring finger. he puts the other ring onto Jin's finger too. Taehyung wipes an invisible tear from the corner of his eyes. Then he looks at his ring, it's simple but just as beautiful the subtle rose design on it was so endearing, it looked like it had seen love. Like as if Jin read his mind he heard that melodious voice of Jin's "It was my grandmother's she really wanted this ring to go to my husband. Well, she always knew I was going to marry a man. Weird as it may sound" Jin said as he rubbed the back of his neck. Taehyung smiled and returned his loving gaze back to his ring. "She must have really loved your grandfather." Taehyung says. Jin looked at him, he wondered if anyone was this lucky to be the subject of this loving gaze. Jin focused on answering  "Yeah, she really did. They were the 'couple of the time' during their time."
Their sweet moment was interrupted by Mrs. Kim, " boys I really hope you finished this ring exchange stuff,  because dinner is ready!" She kind of looked like a teenager.

When it was time for Jin to go Taehyung's mom's idea seemed not too appealing. "Why don't you stay with us for the night, dear?" She asked but before Jin could respond he was given her back and a shouted answer "I will set the bed for both of you"
"Wait! Did she just say we are going to sleep together?" Taehyung asked baffled. Jin seemed not to care even though he couldn't just ignore his sudden increase in the heartbeats. His heart sometimes really betrayed him, these words made his heart clench when he recognized these were said by 'him'. Taehyung looked at Jin frowning at something, he felt a little bad about his reaction. Taehyung seemingly forgot his to-be husband's boyfriend. Just then he felt two palms pushing his body towards his room, turning around he figured it was his mom's palms. His mother shut the door at his face saying goodnight to the two. Taehyung turned around to see Jin looking at his family picture. Jin was a little startled by Taehyung's sudden appearance next to him. Taehyung didn't seem to mind though. Jin pointed at very pretty girl in the picture  "who is she?" He asked. Taehyung smiled and said "She's my cousin, we were really close until she left for college."  Jin just nodded, but the next thing he heard made him choke on his saliva "she was once my fiancée. "