Chapter 18 - The Birth of Evil

Three days have passed and Touka can't sleep peacefully since she heard Ken will get married. She tries to get it out of her mind several times but it doesn't work. Touka decides to get fresh air; she headed out to the hospital's garden and she sat on a bench while enjoying the view of falling leaves.

Huff...my whole-body stiffs. I wonder, can I manage back to work in three days?

-----

At the same time, Ken headed to hospital but then he saw someone with blue sky hair at the hospital garden.

"Huh? Touka? You should be-", he stopped when he realized that Touka fell asleep on bench. Ken stares at her for some seconds then he sits beside her. As her head about to fall to the other side, he caught her head and he leaned her on his shoulder. The wind blowing stronger and he puts his coat on her. Ken stares at her sleeping face, she has long eyelashes and she has a pale-pink lips. Ken caresses her face and without his own realization, he almost kisses her. Before he managed to steal her lips, suddenly Touka opens her eyes and getting surprised when she saw the prince right in front of her face.

"Your Highness?! Oh my God, what are you doing here?!?", asked her panicky.

"I...uh...just realized that you have a long eyelashes?"

Touka blushing then she realized that she is wearing Ken's coat, she returned it to him but Ken put it back on her. The situation really awkward and she decides to head back to hospital. As she was about to leave, Ken pulled her hand and he told her to stay a bit longer. Touka sits again and they both don't say anything except watching falling leaves. Ken told Touka about his marriage and Touka said that she already knows about it. They both fall into deep silence once more again, then Ken decides to say what's in his mind to her.

"Hey, Touka. Would you do me a favor?"

"Yes, Ken. Your wish is my command."

"...Command, huh? Then, stay with me. Always."

"Of course, I, Kirishima Touka, will protect-"

"That's not what I meant! ...I mean, I want you to stay beside me, not as my knight but as my wife."

"Ken, I exist to protect you. That's my duty."

"...Then, is it okay if I get marry to someone else?"

"Your happiness is my happiness."

"Then, what if my happiness is being with you?"

Touka's eyes widened but she can't reply to his question now. Ken permitted her to go inside and take a rest. Ken stared at her until she entered the hospital meanwhile, he headed back to the palace.

 -----

-West Kingdom-

The news about unification between south and central kingdom has spread to every kingdom and because of that, Prince Kichimura destroyed everything in his room. He really mad when he heard the news because he is in love with Princess Rize since his childhood and he thought that she also broke her promise to him that she won't marry anyone else than him. Meanwhile his father, King Washuu Tsuneyoshi, told Kichimura that he will be betrothed to Princess Yoshimura.

King Washuu Tsuneyoshi and the first prince, Washuu Yoshitoki, have confined Kichimura, the second prince inside of his own chamber because he acts childish. Kichimura never like his father and his half-brother because his father only spoil Yoshitoki and his grandson, Matsuri. Kichimura is smart and he willing do anything to achieve what he wants. That day, he made a plan to make the throne become his.

On the next morning, he asked the guards to relay his message that he wanted to talk to the king and the crown prince. One of the guards relayed it to the king and he permitted him to walk out from his room. Kichimura meets the king and he apologizes for his childish behavioral and as his apologizes gift, he will cook special menu by himself for dinner. The king accepted his proposal and he permitted him to leave. Kichimura walked out from the king's hall and as he walking, he lets a slip the devil smile on his face.

That night, Kichimura makes several meats menu for both his father and his half older brother. Kichimura is the only one in the Washuu's royal family who can cooks well and his foods is really famous. They enjoy the foods and when they are drinking wine, suddenly King Tsuneyoshi and Prince Yoshitoki were choked and they both falls onto ground.

"Kichimura! You! What did you put in the foods?!"

"Foods? I didn't give you anything dangerous on it. I just put some cyanide in wine but...who is the one who gave this wine? Ah, Matsuri, my beloved nephew! Wait, did he give this wine to food taster first? Unfortunately, he didn't! Both of you always doted and trust him too much. Is there any witness? It's only me~ And whose fingerprints in this wine and cyanide bottle? It's Matsuri! You should teach him not to touch someone else's possession."

"You! You will pay for this-!"

Shortly after, they both stop breathing and Kichimura drinks the wine a bit. He throws up then he called for help, the guards barged in and he told them there's something wrong with the wine. The captain of knights, Arima Kishou summon the medical doctor to test both of foods and wine and he found cyanide in wine. While Kichimura got treatment, he told his knights that Matsuri is the one who gave them wine.

At that night, the chaos occurred in the west kingdom; temptation of murdering of king, first prince, and the second prince, moreover the suspect is the son of the first prince, Prince Washuu Matsuri. The royal families gathered to court and judge Matsuri. Matsuri keep denying that he poisoned his relatives but the imperial doctor said that he discovered Matsuri's fingerprints on cyanide and wine bottle. The second eyewitness are food tasters, they admit that they already tasted Kichimura's cooks but not with the wine since Matsuri doesn't want anyone else than his family to have it. Everyone suspicious of Matsuri and they voted that Matsuri is guilty.

Matsuri keep denying until the guards pulled him into execution ground. When Kichimura heard the news about his nephew, he was crying in front of the others but after he was left alone in his chamber, he began to smile.

"Long live the king~ Now, Kaneki, just wait for me."

_____________________________________

Author Notes:

Hi everyone, thank you for reading this story. I'm really sorry for the late update. I will try to update this story as fast as I could.

Please enjoy~