Chapter 43: Fix It (Collin)

Zacznij od początku

The beta turned to me. "Take the boys to the airport and wait for me there."

"What are you going to do to them?" I nodded toward the humans.

"Something I don't think you want Milo to see."

I glanced at the sub in the back of the van. He had been through enough. Milo didn't need to watch Axil torture humans.

"Alright. Anything you specifically want me to do for Jed?

"When the wounds seal, he'd probably like a bath. Other than that, lay him the bedroom and try and get him to eat and drink. I'll try to make this quick." He glanced at his mate. "He needs to have a bit more energy before I can do anything else to help him. Right now, I'm afraid a mating would only hurt him more."

Letting out a deep breath, I clasped his shoulder as I passed. "I'll watch over them." I carefully climbed into the back and put my arm around Milo's shoulders.

Axil ran his hand down Jed's arm. "I'll be there soon."

Jed's eyes opened. "Are you going to kill Hide?"

The beta clenched his jaw. "I have no need for a human, like him, to exist."

"Good." Jedrek let out a shaky breath.

Axil nuzzled the boy's cheek. "I'm going to fix you but you need to get some of your strength back. Try to eat something. Milo and Collin will be around to help until I get there."

Jedrek started to shake. "You're leaving me. You said you wouldn't."

Clasping the boy's hand, Axil gave it a squeeze. "It'll only be for a short time. I'm going to make sure the all human rebels understand what happens when they touch my mate. I trust that Collin will keep you safe until I get there."

Jed swallowed hard. "I don't want to go."

"Collin isn't mad," said Milo. "He'll keep us safe."

I nodded as the red werewolf looked at me with fear in his eyes. My anger had shifted from Jed to the humans that did this to them. Though, I would be having a serious talk to both of them once they were feeling better. Milo would not be allowed to be alone with Jedrek if the pup didn't get his act together.

"I'm not mad. Disappointed, but I couldn't be mad at you. Not when you're in so much pain."

Jed's eyes began to close. "You'll be there tonight?"

"I promise," said Axil.

"Then I'll go."

The beta smoothed back his mate's head fur. "Get some sleep. I'll take care of everything from here."

***

I laid Jedrek on the back bed and checked his wounds. They looked slightly better but he was still a mess.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm so sorry."

With a sigh, I sat down by his feet. "I'm not angry at you. I wouldn't wish you any harm but"—I swallowed hard—"Milo was put through so much pain because you failed to listen to what we've been telling you. You were human once but not anymore. The humans don't see you as one of their own and as you've seen multiple times, they will use you to get to Axil."

"I'm sorry." He hid his face. "I know it's my fault. Milo got taken because of me and I'm so sorry he got hurt."

"Do you understand now who dangerous the world is?"

He let out a shaky breath. "I'm not going to do it anymore. I don't want to do it anymore." Jed wept into the pillow. "Everything hurts. I want to go home."

I patted the boy's leg. "We will as soon as Axil get here. Do you want anything?"

"No. I feel sick."

"Because you need to eat something." I stood. "I'll be back."

I went to the other room to find Milo where I left him. He was curled up on the couch in a blanket fast asleep. It was such a relief to have him back. The scars would disappear but I worried about the ones left in his mind. We work through that together when the time came.

After gathering a few snacks and a bottle of water, I went back to the room. Jedrek had fallen asleep again. His breath was heavy and pained. I'd hate to see what he looked like in human form. His fur was hiding a lot of the damage. I placed the tray by the bed and put a blanket over the battered werewolf. Leaving him to rest, I went to check on my own mate.

Scooping Milo up in my arms, I sat down and placed him on my chest. His arms wrapped around my neck and he took deep breaths.

"How are you feeling?"

"My back hurts."

I glanced at the other dominants in the airplane. "I can fix that."

Milo lifted his head. "I can wait."

"I don't want you to." I eyed the group at the front of the plane.

One stood and motioned to the others. "We'll be outside doing surveillance. Let us know if you need anything." He closed the plane door behind them.

I sat Milo up. "It's up to you."

He gave me a kiss before letting out a hurt cry as he shifted forms. "I want you to fix it."