Pool party? Or Pity party?

Later that next morning the party had come over to collect Ronnie so Steve and Robin could get to work and Dustin had tagged along.

The party had decided to go to the pool for the day, Max and El thought it might be good if she saw Billy and vice versa so they got her a swimsuit and had her change.

Ronnie followed closely after El and Max "why are we following Lucas, Will, and Mike to the pool again?" She asked looking at the two girls who had grown up a lot since she last seen them hell all of the kids had it was shocking to her that they wernt tiny little children anymore. They were like preteens.

"Because it's summer and during the summer it's hot. And when it's hot you go to the pool" Max teased Ronnie making El giggle a bit "I mean that's why El and I got you a swimsuit." Ronnie nodded understanding what she meant "That and you get to see Billy!" El chimed in. Max had talked about Billy and Ronnie a lot to El. How she made him a better person and when she dissapered how crushed he was and for a moment was numb to what happened before going back to being the hardass asshole he used to be. Mostly when the older red head was brought up atleast.

The kids all hurried ahead of her into the pool to get in the water already, where as she took her sweet time. She didn't know what to expect she was still getting used to everything again.

Veronica slipped her sunglasses down over her eyes to avoid the sun and walked through the gates of the public pool lookin around spotting the kids already splashing eachother in the pool

Veronica slipped her sunglasses down over her eyes to avoid the sun and walked through the gates of the public pool lookin around spotting the kids already splashing eachother in the pool. She passed the moms that Max had told her had taken a liken to Billy (ever more so since she had been gone) she glanced over at them with a tiny smirk before turning back foward one person who she didn't see was Mrs. Wheeler.

The more she continued taking a glance around she finally spotted Mrs wheeler, who was fixing her self up and walking over to Billy. Ronnie waited a few minutes before gaining some of her fiery confidence back, before she walked over to the two with a fake smile. "Oh my god! Billy!" She said before deadpaning "Mrs wheeler. It's been such a wild year since I've been gone hasn't it? Oh by the way how's your husband Ted doing Mrs wheeler? Still married to you yeah? So please stay away from my boyfriend you wouldn't want to ruin your family." She said snappily but with a cherry smile before looking over at Billy with somewhat of a smirk and a glare who looked pale as a ghost to see her actually standing infront of him. He thought she might've been gone for good. "I see old women are still trying to get in your pants, even while I was living in hell for a year. And by the looks of it you were encouraging it. Hmm. Maybe Max wasnt wrong. Nice to see you though Billy I promised your sister I'd come hangout with the party while they had a pool day. So I'll see you when I decide I have time to." She said patting his chest slipping past him and over to a vacant pool chair close to where the kids were staying in the water.

She didn't quite know why she decided to be so snappy but something in her snapped seeing mrs wheeler flirting with him. She laid back against the chair smiling at the kids watching them have fun in the water. Though she did wonder how Steve and Robins day was going at Scoops.

Max had got out of the pool walking over to Ronnie noticing she hadn't gotten in the pool "you okay Rons?" She asked taking a seat on the edge of her chair

Ronnie nodded and smiled "yeah I think I'm starting to get my old self back. Here let me braid your hair so it doesn't get knotted" she said leaning up and started to braid the younger red heads hair. Max was like the younger sister she never had, besides El but she was always in the Cabin before she left and seemingly now always with mike. It was nice to have Max around she enjoyed helping with any problem with Lucas she had or just watching her practice skateboarding

"Whenever you guys are ready if the boys wanna go do their own thing I can take you and El to the mall if you girls want" she said tying off the braid as Max turned to her with a bright smile "yes please!! I want to show El how to find her style and show her some new clothes!"

Ronnie chuckled and nodded patting her shoulder "alright kiddo I'm going to attempt to tan while you guys have fun let me know when you guys are ready." She said as Max nodded getting up heading back to the pool to tell El the plan. As she closed her eyes letting the sun bask her in.

Meanwhile

Billy couldn't believe that she was back. He had since walked back to his lifeguard chair and was pondering everything. Did Max know she was back this whole time? Was she hiding Ronnie from him? Sure he had been somewhat of a dick lately but that's just because he didn't know how to deal without having the older red head by his side keeping him grounded and calm all this time.

He was defiantly going to get answers hopefully later tonight, completely abandoning his idea of meeting Mrs. wheeler at the motel pool, after Ronnie had seemingly caught the incident before he could actually do anything.

If the kids knew then Harrington had to know. And that didn't settle well with him. Especially that nobody bothered to let him know that his girlfriend who had been missing for a wholr year was suddenly back in town.

He narrowed his eyes at the kids who were drying off and walking out of the pool all crowding around Veronica. He shook his head before going back to life guarding. It would just have to wait a few more hours.

Authors note:

Hi sorry for not updating sooner things have been crazy but I'm excited to pick this story back up ESPECUALLY WITH THE TEASER FOR SEASON 4!!!!

I may skip around a few episodes just to get to the good parts rolling. But buckle up guys things are about to get wild.