You dont understand

Recap:
"No telling what the hell were fixin to walk back into." Veronica sighed climbing back into the passenger seat slipping her jean jacket back on

"Lets hope its not your dad...Or Dustin," Billy teased, laughing as he got back into the driver's seat of his car.

Veronica rolled her eyes and smiled "trust me that little twerp is a hell of a lot scarier than my dad trust me he knows where Harrington keeps that stupid fuckinh bat with the nails."

Billy looked at her warily at the mention of not only the bat with the nails but his seemingly close friendship with Harrington to even know about said bat. "Yeah. Let's just hope it's none of that.."

Present:

They had made it back into town not making much conversation the whole way Ronnie was honestly scared to let the gang know she had been hanging around with Max's step brother even though they had thought that she had only done it once to "get him off her back" when in reality they were each other's anchors.

She started fidgeting with the ends of her jacket sleeves as they got closer to the wheelers house where she knew everyone would be she had billy park a ways down the street instead of right in front of the house, she knew Mrs wheeler had a thing for billy and she really didn't want to deal with that at the moment.

She sighed taking in a deep breath looking over at billy as he parked against the street "thanks for today and hopefully these kids won't kill me after this so I'll see you tomorrow at school yeah?" Ronnie asked as she got out of the car grabbing her bag and car keys from the cup holder she'd get her car tomororw or later tonight. "don't let those small shitheads scare you too much. I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a wink before pulling off peeling down the street blaring his music.

She shook her head with a small smile before she started walking up the sidewalk to the wheeler residence once she got there she seen the kids all outside for once with Steve. "Hey!! It's Ronnie we've been wondering where you were you didn't give me a ride after school and your car was still there" Dustin shouted as she got closer giving her a suspiciously questioning look.

"Yeah, I had some things come up so I skipped after first period.." She said shoving her hands in her pockets "you never skip school Ron what happened?" Steve asked eyeing her "it was just Tommy getting in my head bringing up my mom and stuff about my dad and me hanging out with billy." She replied not realizing what she had let slip "you've been hanging out with Hargrove?! Ronnie you know how much of a dick he is to max and the kids let's not forget me!" Steve shouted feeling a bit betrayed that she would be hanging out with what he knew as the enemy "So strawberry Shortcake isn't as smart as we thought." Ronnie gapped at Dustin after the Strawberry Shortcake comment she couldn't believe him "okay you listen here you little gremlin, you're not one to talk by taking Harrington's dumbass relationship advice that will get you literally nowhere." "Hey! My advice is not bad he just shouldn't seem like he cares so much." Steve argued "that literally sets him up for failure girls want you to care that's why I hangout with billy because he understands the shit with my mom and we just get eachother." Ronnie sighed running her hands through her hair looking at the group max gave her a small smile knowing that she wasn't entirely wrong billy hadn't been much of an ass since Ronnie had been around keeping him occupied "she isn't wrong guys, billy he's actually been a bit nicer since hanging out with Ronnie."

"That doesn't make any difference, he's still a dick who nearly ran us over" mike quickly said giving her a disapproving look he didn't like her coming into the group he still missed el.

She sighed "look, I'm happy here for once it doesn't mean I'm going to drop all of you and I won't make you guys be around him either, okay?"

Dustin thought on it for a minute "I'm only agreeing if you buy me more pudding cups, my mom won't" he said with a cheeky smile  Ronnie shook her head she wasn't surprised "sure yeah pudding cups you got it." She said looking over at Steve, Mike & Lucas she knew max wouldn't have a problem with it.

"As long as you're safe and he doesn't hurt you I'm okay with it." Lucas shrugged "max is cool with it so am I." Mike and Steve we're going to be a different story but they would need time to accept it she nodded "great. Steve do you think you can give me a lift back to my car?" She asked hopefully he sighed and nodded "yeah I guess come on let's go get your car then I have places to be" he said walking to his car she nodded ruffling Dustin's hair waving bye to the other three kids as she got in the passenger seat of Steve's car she knew her dad would have the most issues with this but that would be saved for another time.

Preview of next chapter:

"El, sorry I'm late I had to stop and get more egos and food dad gave me a last minute list of things to get." Veronica said walking in the cabin to hear it earily quiet.. that didn't sit well with her she quickly set down the stuff calling out again "Eleven??! El? Where are you?" She asked looking through all the rooms starting to really worry she stopped finding a box of opened files in the middle of the floor the words "brenner" and "experiments" popped out.. she knew this was bad she immediately grabbed the housephone calling the station praying her dad would pick up she sighed when he did "dad, el is gone."

AUTHORS NOTE;
Yo yo yo
Sorry it took so long for me to update I had to get back into this book, but I have BIG plans for when season 3 drops in July so be prepared for a few more updates until season 3 drops!
Vote & Comment tell me how you love the story!