The End

It was my wedding day! It was finally happening. I was getting my happily ever after! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited, my maid could hardly dress me.

            “You must really love him!” she said, buttoning up the back of my traveling dress. “You can barely stay still!”

            “I'm sorry, I'm just so ecstatic!” I said, jumping up and down as she coiled my hair up. She looked at me with a critical eye.

            “Well, that's good for now. I can hardly do anything when you're jumping off the walls!”

            I bounded into the great hall. Everything was ready. My dowry was in the carriages outside, along with everything I was going to wear today. My parents beamed with happiness. We all headed outside into the carriages. It was going to be a long ride for me. Everyone laughed at me as I jumped on the balls of my feet. Robbie came over to me and made me laugh. It was very easy to do that considering the mood I was in. I felt like I was going to float away. I had to ride in the carriage with my maid. It would've been improper to ride with Robbie, since he was a man. I kept looking out the windows, waiting the see Andrew's castle. The scenery went by too slowly for me. I almost couldn't stand it. To pass the time, I quickly became friends with my maid. She was my first friend that was a girl. I learned that her name was Molly and she was one year younger than me. She was in the middle of telling a story when the carriages rolled to a stop.

            I knew secrecy was key. Somehow, Andrew's parents and mine thought it'd be a great surprise if Andrew didn't know I was the princess. I neatly attached a heavy veil to my hair and covered my face. The men were unloading everything as the king and queen got out of the carriage, making a grand entrance. They were greeted by the royal family of Castora. I saw Andrew through the window of my carriage. Molly and I discreetly descended from our carriage to sneak in and prepare. I felt Andrew's eyes on me though. I wanted to run and throw myself in his arms, but he seemed distant.

            Of course he would seem distant. He thought he was marrying a complete stranger! No matter. I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he lifted my veil and saw he had married me instead. Molly and a few other maids ushered me inside to get me ready. Andrew turned to watch us leave, not paying attention to our parents.

            I was led up into a fancy room. I could tell it was where Andrew and I would be spending the night. His clothes were hanging in the closet next to mine. Other things of his were scattered throughout the room. There was a huge fire place across the giant bed. I couldn't keep my eyes away from it, unable to stop my blushing when I thought what would happen there in a few hours.

            I turned my mind to other things as the maids began to undress me. I took a quick bath, getting the dust from the road off. Then they put my in a thin, satin chemise. They also put satin stockings with lace garters on. I didn't like them. I had never worn anything so constrictive. I quickly changed my mind when they put something called a corset on me. It was meant to make me look thinner. I don't think I needed one, since I was so tiny. They immediately agreed, taking it off. I breathed deeply, happy about being free from my confines.

            Next, they did my hair. Carefully pinning it up. They clipped some of it back with pearl hair pins, letting the rest fall down my back in waves. They put pearl earrings in my ears and a strand of pearls around my throat. I slipped on some some white slippers with little pearl seeds on them. When everything else was complete, they helped me put on my dress.

            My dress was completely stunning. It was the whitest white I had ever seen. It had a low bodice, showing the curves of my breasts. The sleeves flared out. It had a low waist adorned with pearls. The skirt fell to the floor in soft folds.