CHAPTER 13

She did many things in her life that she would count as being extreme. Training with a Marine Admiral, training with Garp, trying to kill a rookie pirate, trying to catch a rookie pirate and lastly becoming a pirate but this was a genre on its own.

It was completely insane.

It was beyond Rosaline. If she didn't enjoy the rush of adrenaline pumping through her system, she would've been long gone. She would've left the poor barkeeper to fend for himself. She would live the rest of her life in regret for never helping him and yet, here she was.

She forced herself to wear the exposing small outfit that fit her perfectly but tightly simultaneously. She forced herself to take a guitar, she didn't practice in about a year, and use it in front of a group of pirates. She had guts, she had to admit it.

Rosaline took a deep breath before exhaling. Her mouth twitched upwards into a smirk, her eyes gleaming in excite. It was the adrenaline that made her feel confident and she knew everything was going to be fine. As long as it involved music, it would always be perfect.

She walked out, the leather long boots that reached just beneath her knees, clapping against the wooden floor of the small stage. It immediately drew attention from the whole bar. It was the fastest she heard a rowdy crowd quiet down and stare at her.

Penguin and Shachi fell off their chairs, barely able to keep their noses from bleeding while Law's eyes widened at the sight. Bepo was in his own world, just as shocked as the rest. He had not expected her to dress like...well that.

She wore long boots with tight denim shorts and what he presumed was a fake gun sheathed on her hip. Her abdomen was naked and the creamy skin was exposed, a small cross-like scar located just above her left hip.

She wore a tight top with a sleeveless brown jacket and long brown leather gloves. On her head, she wore a dark brown curved hat that had two red jewels on it. Her blue eyes rivaled the bright stones, but her arrogant smirk rivaled her outfit.

She was full of confidence.

Rosaline saw the males practically stare through her outfit and if she was a shy damsel, she would've been running towards the hills by now. Instead, she lifted up the guitar and spun it horizontally before her fingers landed on the cords.

She inhaled deeply, caressing the wooden surface beneath her fingers before she slowly started to play the cords while her eyes stared at her fingers. There was a nostalgic feeling that washed over her when she played the notes.

On a warm summer's evening On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
The boredom overtook us,
And he began to speak

Her melodious voice caused everyone to listen deeply to the song. It was soft and they couldn't help but feel calm, despite having alcohol rushing through their systems. Law's shocked facial expression turned impassive and his two men, who fell on the ground, sat back down on their chairs.

He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes
So if you don't mind me sayin'
I can see you're out of aces
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice"

Her smirk never faltered despite her occasional pulse spike as she continued. Law found himself more attracted to her voice than what she was wearing. Yes, she was attractive, a blind man would notice it, but there was something much more to her than that.

So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light
And the night got deadly quiet
And his face lost all expression
He said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right"