I'll Take Thee Away

Virgil, Logan, and Remy flew into the sky on their brooms, leaving Roman, Patton, and Emile behind to run through town and finding anyone they could possibly recruit to help them on their way to the Sanderson house to make sure the path to the cottage was safe for hypnotized kids. "Use thy voice, Virgil. Bring them to the property. We mustn't let their lives be sucked from their bodies."

Virgil nodded and swung down to skim the treetops as he started his song, his brothers flying ahead to hurry home.

"Come little children I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment." Virgil sang, his voice a beautiful melody ringing out through the cool night air. Below him, children left their homes and began moving towards the Sanderson House. "Come, little children, the times come to play. Here in my garden of magic~"

------

Roman, Patton, Emile, and John raced through town to get to the Sanderson house. As they ran, Logan and Remy had flown back to the house to prepare a potion to get rid of Eli in the case he had gotten to a child and they didn't get rid of him before sunrise. Despite running through the streets of Salem, they saw nary a child or car. It seemed trick-or-treating was over and the kids were all tucked in bed. However, the lack of cars was a little unsettling. If that alone wasn't enough to frighten them, then the eerie chill in the air surely tipped them off to the sinister plans of one undead 17th-century zombie witch.

Roman found some warmth in Virgil's voice as they ran. It was comforting to know that, should they run into any trouble, a simple shout would arouse the witch's attention and he could fly down to help them. He soon noticed children tumbling out of their homes and walking through the street right to the Sanderson house.

He let out a sigh of relief.  Their plan was working. He just hoped Eli hadn't gotten to a child already. It would be a lot harder for the three of them to try and pour the potion on Eli without the witch's help. Waiting for him to turn to dust with the sunrise was really their best-case scenario. It every thing worked.

-----

Logan and Remy watched as children piled onto the property. Suddenly, Roman, Patton, and Emile tripped through the gates in their rush to get inside. Virgil landed on the ground beside them and the four continued to the cottage and closed the door after entering. "The children are all coming," Virgil breathed out, his eyes wide, his skin as white as a sheet. His heartbeat erratically and his chest heaved beneath his corset.

Logan frowned and turned to hurriedly finish the potion while Remy moved to help Virgil to one of the chairs. "Virgil? What's wrong?"

Patton bit his lip, fighting himself on what to do. On one hand, he wanted to help Virgil, but he also wanted to help Logan so they could quickly get rid of the zombie witch and then the witches could enjoy their final hours. Patton tensed. He shook the thought from his head and turned to help Logan. He didn't like entertaining the possibility that these wonderful witches would turn to dust come sunrise but he also couldn't just ignore it. With a reluctant sigh, he moved to help Logan.

"What can I do to help?" He asked softly.

Logan jerked his chin towards his spell book. "Read off the ingredients, please. I'll get them."

"Of course." Patton quickly moved to read from the book. He occasionally grabbed ingredients and handed them to Logan. And if his heart skipped and his breath hitched every time they touched, Logan didn't mention it. And if Patton noticed a bright red blush spreading across his cheeks each time, he didn't say anything either.

Meanwhile, Emile inched towards Roman, Virgil, and Remy. He wanted to help. In any way, he could. "Remy" he called softly.

Remy turned to Emile with a raised eyebrow. "Yes?"