🎃romeo and juliet | yandere!yuno x reader🎃 AU

Start from the beginning

On the morning of (Y/n)'s eighteenth birthday, the gates of Clover Kingdom were packed with horse-drawn carriages. Obviously, everyone had an early arrival in mind. Upon the castle's top floor, the birthday girl is getting her gown fitted. She isn't too fond of the operation.

"Princess (Y/n), please do try and keep still. Don't you want to impress your guests tonight?"

"No, not really. I wasn't the one who promised them a bride."

Her maid simply sighed in defeat, but continued sewing the gown nonetheless. Seated on the king-sized bed, a patient nun watches in awe.

"(Y/n), cheer up, you look absolutely lovely," she gushed, "Besides, you never know if you'll find your soulmate tonight."

"But Sister, what if I end up with a total creep?! It's not like you can learn everything about someone in just one night. This whole thing is a mistake," the princess protested.

"Fine then, do you think you're ready to run a whole kingdom on your own?"

(Y/n) is silent for a moment before responding, "Yea- no, maybe not. But I still have time to learn, don't I?"

The nun shakes her head, "I'm afraid not. Clover Kingdom is in desperate need of a ruler. By choosing a suitor, you're making a decision for the betterment of our kingdom. So at least keep your citizens in mind, okay?"

"Fine."

"Good, now let's pick out a tiara to match that stunning dress of yours."

~Time Skip~

The time has finally arrived for guests to enter the castle

The time has finally arrived for guests to enter the castle. To the naked eye, this was merely a birthday party. But there was clearly some tension between each kingdom. This isn't just a party, it's a battle for Princess (Y/n)'s affection. King (F/n) was seated at the balcony, high above the ballroom to get a better view of the event. He'd often shift his eyes to the clock, hoping that his daughter would make an appearance sometime soon. Princess or not, the party commenced. Not everyone at the party was attending for the purpose of marriage. Many of them were just there to celebrate her eighteenth birthday. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Where is she? Did she take a nap again?" the King paces back and forth. He turns to a nearby guard and says, "If she doesn't show up within the next five minutes, find her."

The guard nods and keeps an eye on the clock. It wasn't out of the ordinary for (Y/n) to take her time with these sorts of things. She has a habit of being "fashionably late". Hopefully, this doesn't give her guests the wrong impression.

Nearly two minutes later, the large doors of the ballroom swing open to reveal a certain (brunette, blonde, etc.). Beside her, Sister Lily stood, smiling sweetly as always. As more and more people laid their eyes upon the Princess, the room grew more silent.