Chapter 9: Exordium

Chapter IX
Not Everyone Chose Yes

S-sino ka ba?”

Napapitlag na lang sa kinasasandalan si Tsarina nang biglaan siyang magising. It was because of a dream. The same dream in the prairie with Aaren and the girl who's face was always blocked by the sun's ray from the horizon. The dream that she kept seeing every time she falls asleep since the night they decided to go with the course of events and play God's unreasonable game.

Though not particularly sure of how many days or weeks had now passed, Tsarina is pretty certain that a good few months has already slipped by. And since then, she's been having that dream on repeat.

Ilang beses niyang ikinurap-kurap ang namumungay na mga mata bago iginala sa paligid. Sa pagkakaalala niya, kanina lang ay nagdesisyon silang magpahinga ni Aaren sa ilalim ng isang malaking puno sa gubat.

Gaya ng paulit-ulit niyang panaginip, nakakailang buwan na rin sila sa pagsuong sa napakalawak na kagubatang sumulpot sa gitna ng siyudad na tinatawag na ngayong Mistfell forest. Ang nag-iisang lugar kung sa'n makakakuha ng pagkain ng libre.

“Nananaginip ka.” Mula sa kabila ng puno, sumilip ang nakasandal ding si Aaren.

Nagsasalita yata siya kanina habang tulog kaya narinig nito.

Just like the time Tsarina first had the dream, she remained silent about it. Nakakahiyang sabihin kay Aaren na nando'n 'to sa panaginip niya. Hindi naman din importante ang panaginip niya para banggitin pa niya rito.

Saglit siyang tinitigan lang ng kasama bago 'to nagsalita uli. “Bumalik na muna si—”

Aaren wasn't able to finish what he's about to say due to what he noticed surrounding them. Kasunod ng agaran niyang pagtayo, napatayo na rin si Tsarina.

They quickly took out their phone and unhesitantly answered a question from the chaos app. Napasa kamay ni Aaren ang isang sibat habang malyeteng may mahabang hawakan naman ang kay Tsarina.

“Sayang, may ibang nakauna sa trickster box,” komento ni Tsarina base sa oras na nakita sa itaas ng tinutukoy na item. 

From all the experiences, and information that they've gathered by themselves so far, the trickster box is a special capability item that appears once every 8 hours and only stays available within 10 minutes regardless if the question with it has been answered or not. It's the same item that made Aaren transform into a lion chimera beast before. It can be anything random, be it a magical or physical attribute boost. It's the most overpowering item.

Malaki sana ang maitutulong n'yon sa kanila ngayon.

The two are standing side by side being surrounded by four huge, salivating, three-tailed dogs. Based from their gray colored fur and evident traits, Aaren already concluded that the monsters were ashen wolves. A knowledge he long have known from the monsterpedia in the chaosphere app. It's one of the many chaos beasts in the thousand long list.