[ partners in crime ]

"Thank you for buying! Come again!"

The sound of the cashier's voice echoed through the weapons shop, which is hidden in an alleyway of Vale. I quietly looked around at all the choices, my pocketed hand fiddling with the lien I had stolen from my dad just before leaving while he was taking a nap.

"Finding everything alright ma'am?" Her voice was innocent and she spoke with extreme politeness as she stood behind me, awaiting my response.

"What do you have for small, close-range weapons?" I turn swiftly to face the girl. Her auburn curls bounced on her shoulders as she nodded her head, motioning for me to follow.

As I trailed behind the perky cashier, I gaze around at the varying array of weapons. From top of the line tech shipped straight from Atlas, to seemingly ancient swords that were slightly rusting, most likely found in some ruins of fallen villages and kingdoms.

"Ah! Here we are! There's daggers, knives, fans, syringes, claws, brass knuckles—" she rambled while my eyes skimmed over the wide selection until they fell upon a pair of iron claws hanging next to a bronze dagger.

"I'll take these." I point, causing her eyes to light up with joy at my choice as she reached for her key to open up the case.

"Amazing choice! The claws are retractable and the iron isn't too heavy, so if you're going for speed they work great! They also can be infused with all kinds of dust, just insert the vial here and press this to activate it! You could probably also use a dust crystal if you wanted to get creative! Anyway, that'll be 20 Lien. 25 if you want a set of dust vials added onto your order."

"I'll just take the claws." I pull out the 20 Lien from my pocket and hand it to her before putting on the claws and retracting the blades. "Sweet. Fit perfectly."

"Oh, by the way, what name are you giving them?"

"Name? What are you talking about?" I stared at the girl in confusion.

"What, do you live under a rock or something? Everyone names their weapons. It helps to form a bond with it so you can fight better while using it. Call it superstition but I've never heard of a huntsman without a named weapon."

At this I rolled my eyes. 'Huntsman. Right, she probably thinks I wanna be a huntress. Might as well play along'. "Fine, I'll think about it but I gotta head home."

"Alright! If you need any weapon repairs you know where to find me!"

I just nodded and walked out the door, exiting the alley way and roaming through Vale before finally ending up outside the city at a familiar spot. "Home sweet home, I guess." I whispered to myself before grabbing my key and unlocking the door. Once I was inside, I snuck over to my room as quietly as I could before closing the door and plopping down onto my bed.

     "A name... a name...... hm.." I kept trying to think of a suiting name for my weapon but nothing struck me. "Iron Claw? No, too straight forward. Maybe something in another language like... Ignis? Ugh. Not that either." I sat there mumbling to myself for approximately half an hour before I finally made a decision. "Beau Sang!" I knew that in some other language it meant "Beautiful Blood", so my left claws would be "Beau" and my right claws would be "Sang".

     Sliding the weapons back onto my hands, the claws made an appearance and I admired the quality before testing them out on the space in front of me. My fists were flying quickly — with the help of my newly developed Time Manipulation Semblance, and it seemed I could use the same techniques I had been in my self defense classes I had taken from my dad.