Could've washed the dishes Instead

"Hey Kris?"

"Yo!" I yell from the living room.

"Where's the door?" He asks rubbing his neck as he comes into view.

"Beside the door way."

"Why isn't it in the door way."

I stand up, facing him I bring up my arms and flex them.

"Because these baby's are just to strong for this house."

He gives me a flat look, then sighs as he goes back outside, most likely to the garage to find the tools needed to put a door on its hinges.

I collapse on the couch for the third time today.    I'm board, and tired but mostly hungry. But the kitchen is to far from the couch.

Can't reach it, don't need it.

I'm thinking a nap sounds good right about now, yea it does.

I close my eyes and sleep takes over.

——

It's been three days since my father payed me a visit, since then I haven't seen the ugly troll. But good news, the door is back on its hinges tighter than before. Chance also installed a new lock on it. Since it broke when the door flew off.

I'm now at the cafeteria at school because my punishment officially started, yay. I get to clean the dishes. It's not all the bad, I get to blast my music which is a plus. Trust me, it's blasted.

"Your as smooth, as Tennessee whiskey, your a sweet as strawberry wine." I sing out.

Yes it may be a country song but that's what I'm into so deal with it. The song itself is called Tennessee Whiskey. And I was planning on dancing to this song on my wedding.

I continue to belt out the song, while cleaning the dishes. When the song ends I realize, where the on flipping donkey is Logan?

I turn around thinking maybe he's outside, but nope he was right behind me, which leads me to think, he heard that.

My eyes widen.

"Was my voice at least good?"

"Angelic!"

Crap, I know he's lying.

"Umm, your late?" I state but it came out more like a question.

"Umm yea? Sorry about that. I juts wasn't overly ecstatic about drying dishes."

"I mean, if you showed up first, then you could've washed them instead." I smile at end just to tease him.

"Yea, then you would've came and would've literally fight me because you wouldn't want to dry, because that means you have to put them away as well."

"Huh, from the last few weeks you known me, you've gather quite a lot about me. I think you know more than most of my friends since kindergarten."

Ok so maybe I was exaggerating a lot because that's a big time span from kindergarten to now. But from the last month, he has picked up on things that many haven't in the last two years.

"Maybe not that much but a few yea..."

"Hmm, now turn my music back on and get to work."

As demanded to, he turns my music on blasting 'Shotgun'.

Dancing and doing the dishes don't sound bad right now.

——

"Hey Logan?"

"Yea?"

"Are more Gaga, or are you more, Perry?"

"Umm, what?"

"You know, are you more of a Lady Gaga, or a Katy Perry?"

"Umm... Perry?"

"Personally, I'm more Gaga. Maybe because I'm so, out there, type of person."

"I mean, I thought your wardrobe choice was a bit weird, but I didn't know you chose to wear it!"

I hit him on the back of the head. We finished washing and drying the dishes about two hours ago, now we were sitting on the counters in the kitchen, playing 21 questions.

So far I learned that his favourite food were pickles, eww gross, and that his favourite finger was his thumb. But then I told him that it wasn't a finger or else it would be called something like fat finger. Because the other 'fingers' are named like ring finger, or pointy finger or middle finger.

This also implies the fact that the pinkie, is also not a finger but a pinkie. Some say otherwise though. Like Logan. We argued about this for, not kidding, forty five minutes.

Back on track.

"No you idiot, her personality wise."

"Oh."

I roll my eyes, ya oh.

"Can u be honest?"

"I mean, your parents named you Logan when you were born but you can change your name to Honest if you want, I won't judge."

"No Kristen I me-"

"Ok, maybe I'll judge a bit because, who would want to be named Honest?"

"Kristen."

"What?"

"Shut up."

"Rude." He raises an eyebrow.

"Fine, be honest about what you were gonna day." I sigh.

"I don't know who you were talking about."

I look him dead in the eyes. "What?"

"I don't know who Gaga is or Perry."

I start muttering things under my breath, searching for my phone and reconnecting the Bluetooth with Logan watching my every move the whole time.

"I can't believe you don't know who they are! Like do you live under a rock?"

"Are you implying, I'm Patrick?"

"Not the time Logan."

"Sorry." He says quietly putting his head down before looking back up.

"Ok, this is Katy Perry."

'Firework' blasts through the speaker. I watch him bop his neck to the beat and sometimes I think I caught him mouthing the words.

"So you like it?"

"Yea, it was pretty good. Now who's the other person."

"Oh right." I find one of Lady Gaga's song and next thing you know, 'Perfect Illusion' rings out.

I then end up singing along and shortly so does he. The song finishes and I look him square in the eye.

"You already knew who they were didn't you?"

"What?" He gasps. "I don't know what your talking about."

"For starters, you were mouthing Firework and then you were singing along to Perfect Illusion. Which means you would have to know the person of the song so you could download it and listen to it over and over again to know all the lyrics."  I take one fat breath after that whole detective speech.

"Alright, you caught me red handed."

I give him a fat smile and from then we continue to play 21 questions, way over 21 though, way over.

——

Vote, comment and show your friends