Chapter 17 : "No More Secrets"

Start from the beginning

"What really were his motives behind all of this?" I asked, scrunching my brows in confusion.

"He raped me because I was chosen as the leader of French Quarter and he wanted me to rule beside him. He forced me to rule beside him since he was the King of this kingdom, even then I thought maybe he deserves a chance. We got married and it was exactly at that time when Ruby came into our lives. She came to the castle as an helpless orphan in search for a shelter. Back then I didn't know who she was and what her motives were so I let her stay" She stood up from her chair and made her way towards the shelf containing hundreds of books.

"I was really naive at that time" She chuckled and shook her head in disappointment. I placed my hands on her shoulder and gave her a tight lipped smile to tell her that it was okay, it was okay to be naive sometimes.

"When Jonathan was born, Ruby's behavior changed. Jacinda used to visit the castle so whenever she'll visit, Ruby would take the baby with her, probably trying to find what she really needed. But glad we found out about her motives but that wasn't enough to stop her. And that's when I found out that Luis and Ruby were together in this all along. She wanted to be immortal and rule the kingdom so they teamed up since they had the same motive : Being immortal and rule White forever!" She said with a sigh as if she's hurting inside.

"Jacinda moved to Earth to protect Jonathan. We found out that Ruby was a former member of the Sacred Coven, who was casted out because she went against the rules of nature by using anti-aging spell" She said.

"Woah, that's why she looked so young" I said in realization.

"Hmmm"

"By the way, what is the purpose of Sacred Coven?" I asked.

"Their purpose is to maintain peace in supernatural world" She said while picking a book from the shelf and dusting the dust off of it and placing it back. I kept observing her movements and kept following her.

"Then I got pregnant with Sebastian and Luis wasn't happy about that. Let's just say he didn't want an heir, he wanted to rule the kingdom, Forever!" She said through gritted teeth.

"Huh? How was he planning to rule the kingdom forever? I mean normally a King would want an heir so that he'll continue to rule over the kingdom, No?" I said, clearly confused at what I just heard.

"Yes, you're right but he was so greedy for power that he couldn't think straight. He wants to become immortal, that's how he was planning to rule forever!" I couldn't believe my ears what I just heard. Man, how was Ruby and Luis gonna be immortal? Immortality is going against the nature.

"But isn't it like going against the nature?" I asked her, with wide eyes.

"Yes it is, but he doesn't care nor does she"

"Well, glad he didn't kill Sebastian, not that he didn't try to. But first he and Ruby, together killed Jonathan. Jacinda tried everything she could to hide her son, but Luis and Ruby, together were strong enough and killed him because they wanted a heart of a warrior and they thought he had it but actually he didn't" She stood there, staring at the books on the shelf then picked a book & extended it to me to take it. I looked at her confused.

"It's a spell book, my favorite" She smiled and motioned for me to take it which I did.

"Well, after that they came after Sebastian. Because Ruby found out that if the King of Kingdom White will have a child with a witch from the French Coven, then the child will bear the heart of a warrior. But before they could realize that and kill him, he was strong enough to protect himself" She said and made her way towards the very same table where we were sitting before.